Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just recently installed some TST front flush mounts, I decided I really wanted the feature of front running lights. Having prior experience with Hightechspeeds X-Arc lights, I opted to use a 15% discount and order some Proton 500 run/turn flush mounts for the front. To make them plug/play I ordered 3 wire connectors on ebay. Upon install I can say with certainty that the turn signal light of the Proton's is distinctly brighter than the TST flush mounts. The running light function is also very nice. To me, they don't have quite as nice look as the slightly raised TST lights, but function trumps this small difference. Total expenditure was $74.
Proton 500 LED Flushmount signals - Yamaha
2x Signals 3 Pin Plugs Adapter Yamaha YZF TMAX R6 R1 R6S FZS6 FZ FZ1 250 500 600 | eBay

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
How do they look from the front during the day? I have the smoked TST ones and am pretty sure nobody can see them. Probably going to go with the M-Blaze instead.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will be a bit before I'm ready to ride the bike here in WI. Best for now is the upper right photo in running light mode. Lower left is in flash mode. Sorry...

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing I haven't tried yet are the programmable flash functions. Their's a built in magnetic sensor in the light housing and they include a small earth magnet. Just swipe the magnet above the surface to advance to next flash function. I believe they have 9 different patterns.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have traffic counters for my work that function that way. The magnetic swipe function works well

·
Registered
82 Posts
Either that's some bad pictures or you really can't see those very well.

I'm very happy with my Rizomas. Ridiculously bright even in bright sunlight.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Running lights in bright sunlight/glare aren't nearly as noticeable as in turn signal mode. They are extremely bright in turn mode. Hmmm.. haven't seen Rizoma flush mount turn signals.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Been looking at these for awhile now, Most of my riding is commuting to and from work on 3rd shift. Went with the TST's to start but these look great. If you need any justice as to how well they work just check out a few of the most recent video Jakethegardensnake made. These are ridiculously bright from what the gopro show's anyways

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Installed on 125 Grom, but the blink effect options are pretty cool and noticeable. Going to play around with these as they'll certainly get attention.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just went out and played around with the flash options. Simple as swiping a magnet approx 1/2" above the light surface to go to the next mode. I picked a rapid flash mode and I'm still seeing spots! Really cool :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
You've convinced me to get the Proton 500's,

Quick question, did you have to use an LED flasher relay for these?

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm guessing you will. I already had one installed when I was using LED bulbs in the stock directional housings.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
troop
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
We’re the largest Yamaha forum for owners and enthusiasts of the FZ-09 and MT-09. The site has thousands of topics covering performance and reliability, photos, videos and more!
Full Forum Listing