Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience installing these bar ends? looks like a piece of rubber the just gets jammed in the end of the bar? I quickly tried and didn't seem like a good fit. I am on the fence of just returning these things and tapping the bar to use the stock bar ends, any tried this?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Does anyone have any experience installing these bar ends? looks like a piece of rubber the just gets jammed in the end of the bar? I quickly tried and didn't seem like a good fit. I am on the fence of just returning these things and tapping the bar to use the stock bar ends, any tried this?
I bought the rhinomoto bar end mounts for my crg arrow mirrors, i didnt like paying 70$ for a mounting option but im glad i did, it's an m16 thread they just screw right into, i dunno if you tapped the protaper bars, i cut my protaper down to 29", drilled 9/16 into end and tapped with m16...and sand blasted them, didnt like how protaper splashed their logo all over it and didnt feel like returning them, getting them powder coated matte blk this week

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the rhinomoto bar end mounts for my crg arrow mirrors, i didnt like paying 70$ for a mounting option but im glad i did, it's an m16 thread they just screw right into, i dunno if you tapped the protaper bars, i cut my protaper down to 29" and sand blasted them, getting them powder coated matte blk this week
I didn't cut the bars, but I bet they'll be nice after the powder coat. I was thinking about that option because of the logos all over the bar.
I had some buyers remorse from these bar ends, I didn't see the value after I got them of spending $40+ on something that I already had in stock form. I have been looking into some bar end mirrors, maybe I will return and apply the funds towards the mirrors. I'll have to check out the setup you are going with!

·
Registered
520 Posts
image.jpg

This is what i use for crg arrows... Its by far the best mounting option in my opinion... The driven bar ends probably fit it im sure, but i would confirm with someone who has them, i actually got a little nervous when i went to install, it didnt look like they fit until i applied more pressure to clamp it down... Crg arrows were sold one single mirror at a time which annoyed me, but after i figured that out on 1st order i just commited to it.

Yea, i will post pics after powder coat, i have to muster up motivation to ride over there this week.
I have the protaper carmichael bend, they are a bit lower with a sportier sweep.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
View attachment 7326

This is what i use for crg arrows... Its by far the best mounting option in my opinion... The driven bar ends probably fit it im sure, but i would confirm with someone who has them, i actually got a little nervous when i went to install, it didnt look like they fit until i applied more pressure to clamp it down... Crg arrows were sold one single mirror at a time which annoyed me, but after i figured that out on 1st order i just commited to it.

Yea, i will post pics after powder coat, i have to muster up motivation to ride over there this week.
I have the protaper carmichael bend, they are a bit lower with a sportier sweep.

I have the same Carmichael bend. Haven't gotten to ride them yet, but I am excited when I get this project completed. I did notice the mirrors are sold one at a time, somewhat annoying though useful if you break only one of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts