Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold my 2015 matte gray FZ09 for $3800. I bought it brand new, kept it completely stock, never dropped it, and put 51K miles on it. I started listing it about 5 weeks ago at $5100 then $4800 then $3950. I advertised on Craigslist, Facebook marketplace, and here on the Forum. Sold through FB marketplace. Only got 2 or 3 contacts from Craigslist. I'm in the DC-metro area.

I'll be moving over to ZX14R owners' forums now. Just gotta say that the FZ09 forum is much better organized than the different Ninja ones that are out there. I loved being able to come to the FZ09 forum for maintenance tips!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 17 I bought brand new and I’m just reaching 25k miles and I’m kinda interested on what you had to fix/change in your 50k.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 17 I bought brand new and I’m just reaching 25k miles and I’m kinda interested on what you had to fix/change in your 50k.
I didn't have to fix anything, honestly. Since I bought it brand all I've done is: replace tires, change oil 1ce a year, lube chain every 400 miles, replace chain and battery twice, and replace the clutch cable (original failed around 11k-15k miles). The mechanic who does my tires said the rear wheel bearings 'probably' needing to be replaced on the next tire, but I couldn't feel any lateral movement when I pushed/pulled on it. I debated having a valve adjustment and replacing the spark plugs before listing it, but decided against it after talking with my father-in-law/ motorcycle guru: basically, the engine had the same compression and performance the last time I rode it (as far as I can tell) as it did when I bought it, and the 51K on the odometer spoke to its reliability and validated my approach to maintenance.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Congrats on the sale, though sad to lose members.. Maybe the buyer will sign up. :)

These are truly wonderful motorcycles to own and ride. I've been riding now for about 14-15 years, and the FZ has been my only machine that's been COMPLETELY trouble free. And I mean... riding through snow, hurricanes, 100+°F days. Never skipped a beat. Maybe you'll come to your senses and get another one down the road. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts