Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I can't seem to find any reviews on the M4 RM1 full exhaust system for MT-09. I was curious to know about the lack of crosspipe on the headers.... Is this a huge problem for low end torque? I read somewhere that it helps with low end power.

Can anyone shine light no this product? Is it louder than the Akrapovic Carbon?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've owned the M4 RM1 yes definitely it is louder than a Akro carbon. I've ridden with guys with the Akro Carbon and really love that system, but I just couldn't get over the way the header comes straight down in the front. I know I know... But anyway, the RM1 was just too loud for my taste. I actually also used a cut stock header and I had a flange welded on to fit the mid pipe of the RM1 muffler (see pic) to see if there was any discernible difference in the design, with and without the crossover tubes. I would say it was negligible, as the 09 triple makes gobs of torque anyway. So if you like loud(er) exhausts, then the RM1 is a great value. The fact that it comes all black from the header back is super sexy and it fits like a glove.

I ended up with a full Yosh R77 in carbon and I absolutely love it. I really prefer carbon cans as they produce a deeper sound.

453.JPG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts