Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put new aftermarket indicators, also plugged in a new iJDMTOY relay fix, the indicators are not LED they flashed faster, so it fixed it.

After putting everything back together and put on graves eliminator it was all fine and I was happy about my accomplishment. :cool:. A few hours later I too kt he bike out at night and turned on the indicators it flashed a few times and went dead. I check the fuse it seems to be ok. I tried the stock relay that didn't solve the problem.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
178 Posts
If everything worked fine at one point then you must have had a connection come loose. Re-check all your wiring.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will change the relay and update. I checked the wiring they all seem to be fine, I mean all 4 shouldn't go out if it was wiring issue. The blinkers dont blink on the odometer. So It has to be relay as you said.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am interested in some Oxford after market LED indicators. How do you change them? Do you have to keep the OEM stem as I cant see how to change them out? Bear in mind, I have not yet got my bike but watched a video on YouTube.

Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am interested in some Oxford after market LED indicators. How do you change them? Do you have to keep the OEM stem as I cant see how to change them out? Bear in mind, I have not yet got my bike but watched a video on YouTube.

Thanks.
You get yamaha adapters for inner and outer sides, fairly easy and cheap. You can find them on ebay or amazon

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If none of your signals are working it's probably your flasher relay. OEM flasher relay isn't going to work with led signals front and back.
So I changed got a new relay, It still didnt work. I guess I have to remove everything and put a new fuse and rewire. The problem is that the left or right turn signals are not lighting up on the speedometer. That's bothering me I hope its not a serious issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had this happen to me. Check the fuse for your parking light. It's on the right side under the ugly black fuse-box cover thing towards the front. You have to unscrew a few bolts to pop it off.

I was going crazy, had checked all turn signal fuses / connections, etc. Parking Light fuse was blown and replacing it fixed the blinkers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had this happen to me. Check the fuse for your parking light. It's on the right side under the ugly black fuse-box cover thing towards the front. You have to unscrew a few bolts to pop it off.

I was going crazy, had checked all turn signal fuses / connections, etc. Parking Light fuse was blown and replacing it fixed the blinkers.
Thanks man, That was the problem. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts