Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, anyone planning on going? I am, so open to any suggestions on where to stay (if it's not already too late) and do we want to have an 09 meet up on Saturday afternoon/evening?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Do you have a car/ bike to get around or need somewhere close? Check out this evening event regardless... it's a blast with literally thousands of bikes downtown. Motorcycles on Meridian - Red Bull Indianapolis GP - Indianapolis Motor Speedway If hotels are full around the track I would suggest maybe the Greenwood area which is about 20 mins from track with several hotels of course. Lots of places to stay so hard to suggest one. Would be open to give you my thoughts on a place if you are still deciding.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If I go I would be down for a meetup. But there is only about a 15% chance I am going. I really want to see the Texas Tornado before he retires.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I will have my pickup and the FZ, so should not be a problem to get around. May also bring my REI Kingdom 8 tent if the weather looks good and there is anywhere to camp around the circuit.

Do you have a car/ bike to get around or need somewhere close? Check out this evening event regardless... it's a blast with literally thousands of bikes downtown. Motorcycles on Meridian - Red Bull Indianapolis GP - Indianapolis Motor Speedway If hotels are full around the track I would suggest maybe the Greenwood area which is about 20 mins from track with several hotels of course. Lots of places to stay so hard to suggest one. Would be open to give you my thoughts on a place if you are still deciding.

·
Registered
198 Posts
There usually is a few places that pop up allowing "local" camping and also there are several state parks that have campgrounds all well within easy driving/ riding distance. Great thing about Indianapolis area is nothing is too far away from anything. Not a big city at all for an event.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
We always stayed at the Jameson Inn on E Southport Rd. when we went to the GP's there, but it appears to be closed. There are several other hotels there as well as many restaurants within walking distance. I went to Austin so I am skipping Indy this year.

Best Western-South
4450 Southport Crossing Dr
Indianapolis, IN 46237

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm heading down tomorrow (technically today) around noon. 3 hr ride to the hotel on Meridian. If ya see a Rapid Red with "OhioRiders" on the windscreen, that's my bike.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Work crushed me, so I will be watching on Fox Sports 1. Bummed, wanted to see Edwards last USGP, but TV will have to suffice....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts