Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I saw bunch of them at bike show last weekend. It's $15,500 for base, if you want race edition it'll be $17,000. Add a few factory accessories and you're looking at $20k bike. It's kinda cool looking but pretty expensive for what it is, I think.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I finally got a chance to ride one of these this last weekend. It was better than I had expected, but nothing to go crazy about. I thought the throttle was laggy, and the heat dissipation was terrible. When the fan(s) kicked on all of that hot air was blowing directly on my right thigh. It was only ~75* out when I rode it and was pretty brutal. But sounded pretty good for stock, was comfy enough, and I still think they look great.

All in all... I still haven't found something worth selling my FZ for. Coming up on that 5 year anniversary with her :).

·
Registered
519 Posts
I finally got a chance to ride one of these this last weekend. It was better than I had expected, but nothing to go crazy about. I thought the throttle was laggy, and the heat dissipation was terrible. When the fan(s) kicked on all of that hot air was blowing directly on my right thigh. It was only ~75* out when I rode it and was pretty brutal. But sounded pretty good for stock, was comfy enough, and I still think they look great.

All in all... I still haven't found something worth selling my FZ for. Coming up on that 5 year anniversary with her :).
My experience was different. I rode the up-spec "S" model. In sport mode I found the throttle response very good. Heat was not an issue for me in 80°F temps, but I wear perforated leather and riding boots, not jeans and sneakers. The general "feel" was that of a much better sorted out bike than my FZ. I think that mostly comes from the superior suspension and heft. Of course it is a $17k bike! If I had the cash I would trade in the FZ in a heartbeat. The light front end of the FZ has worn out it's novelty with me.
Also I loved the full color TFT dash...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Indian demo truck is headed to Bay area this weekend. Excited to ride the FTR 1200S :D
Thanks for the nice pics, 2thdr.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Indian demo truck is headed to Bay area this weekend. Excited to ride the FTR 1200S :D
Thanks for the nice pics, 2thdr.
Have fun!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Reactions: VarunMT09

·
Registered
235 Posts
I test rode one yesterday. It reminded me a lot of a Monster 1200S that I rode about a year ago.

I was kind of underwhelmed. I love the look, but it made me want to go home and ride my Harley roadster.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I rode one This past Saturday...The S model " Just like the one pictured in post #44 " and was not impressed at all ! Price was way to high ! First gear this thing was very jerky " Do not know if this is due to me being the first to ride it with only 6 miles on the clock " second gear not much better but third gear was better and pulled like a tractor ! The Heat from this thing in the thigh area was very high and uncomfortable the outside temps was right at 90 deg. Not impressed with it at all ! Then right after my ride a Harley owner jumped on it and after his ride I asked him how it was and he said he liked it and was alot of fun ..I bet it was after riding a Pig all the time ! Well thats my rant..Priced way to high,very hot to ride around the thighs and pretty much doggie compared to FZ09 ... needless to say I will keep my 09 !

·
Registered
42 Posts
I rode the FTR 1200S and race replica versions 3 times over the last month. I tried hard to get impressed and find a worthy successor/companion for my MT-09 but couldn't. Even though there was decent grunt and power around 5k - 8k rpm range, overall handling characteristics of the bike, heating issue (evident within 10 mins of the ride) and money in question for what is offered, made me cling on to my dear MT-09 more. I think it's a good attempt by Indian but not good enough to be a run away success.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts