Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with the dealer that I'm purchasing the FZ 09 from and was told that once the initial orders have been placed by the dealers, there will be no more of the 2014 FZ 09s made for the model year. The information that was shared with me supposedly came off of the Yamaha dealer network that he was logged into. Whether that is fact or not; I am only telling you what I was told today... June 28th, 2013.

So, if that info IS true, then whatever number of FZ's that the dealer initially orders (Sept arrival period), will be it for the model year. If the only one that your dealer is ordering is for someone that has put a deposit down, and no others, that dealer will not have any more available. If they order several that don't have money down, then of course they would be available for sale.

I am posting this information so that ANYONE that thinks that they might want a 2014 FZ 09, it would probably be wise to get a deposit down with your dealer and make sure that they are ordering one for YOU.

Reactions: ca1192trd

·
Registered
224 Posts
If i dont put money down now there will no FZ-9's available in the spring of 14???
I live in NY,so a october delivery would leave little or no ride time! I would like to wait until April or so to get one.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If i dont put money down now there will no FZ-9's available in the spring of 14???
I live in NY,so a october delivery would leave little or no ride time! I would like to wait until April or so to get one.
That is a question probably NO ONE can answer. Like I stated in my post, that is what my dealer told me. Is it true??? Is it false??? I honestly Do NOT know. All I'm doing is posting what I was told and it's basically up to y'all to decide how you want to handle it. Talk to your dealer's sales manager or ???? and see if they tell you the same as mine told me. It was suppose to have been on the dealer network (the system they use to place orders). If it is true, then the dealers will only be able to get what they initially ordered. They may or may not have any left come April. All I know is that I have a deposit down on a Red one and it should be here in the early part of September.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I know that they will have the revised and updated 2015 out shortly thereafter, but will bit be the same smoking deal!?! This MSRP on this guy is just too good to last for very long! Will they put the ABS on it and hike the price! That is what I think that they will do! And it is always nice to have the first year for a new bike! Sure, there will be some minor stuff as with all first generation bikes, but that is kind of the allure of it as well. I have one before they made it easy to ride!

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Didn't they pull the same sort of crap when the FJR1300 first came out ?
No idea.....this will be my first Yamaha, other than a Zuma 50 that I bought used for pit bike duty!

·
Registered
8 Posts
You're right. I talked to my local dealership today, and they confirmed it, because they're basically testing the waters of demand. I's also told that it's a common practice for the first year of a new model, and that Honda had also done something similar this year.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll be going the deposit route. (and I'm told I'll be the first in the area to get an FZ-09 too).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So what area are you from?

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So do we know when the orders have to be in by ?
I don't personally know the answer to that question. Probably, your best best would be to call your local dealer and see if they can tell you. I didn't ask, because I had already placed an order and deposit when I found this info out.

·
Registered
188 Posts
hrrrm.... it may be a good marketing move to 'get more $$ in before release' .... but ... new bike, new engine, lots of hype ...laying cold cash down before even test riding the thing??... or you miss out theoretically?.... as much as i love the idea of this bike ... i dont get this approach? ... surely if they have confidence in it then they would roll as many off the line as possible?! ... however ... potential teething problems might create a huge backlog of recalls ... so they limit the production run? ... its not like they are operating out of someones back shed with 4 workers!! ..

.. lucky i dont have cash right now i guess ... i'll grab a test ride ... and then wait a short while to see what if any dramas pop up .. or .. until it becomes apparent that the dealers and marketers are talking out their asses about non-availability!! ..

by the way ... Anyone want to buy a brand new design bridge??... i know a guy! ... bridge hasn't been built yet .. but he says its gonna be so hot on the market!! ... call me and i'll let him know! ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just put some money down on my future FZ-09. I am number two in line. Dealer is highest volume dealer in the area and they expect to get four based on past releases. No firm release date or quantities.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts