Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A member on ADVrider was quick enough to snag an image of the upcoming FJ-09 ADV bike from Yamaha!

Scoobynut said:
Not sure if anyone caught this or not, but on the official Yamaha website, in the 'gallery' section for the 2015 FZ-09, I found this picture included with all the other FZ-09 pictures. Not that we haven't already seen a preview of the the FJ-09, but this looks more like a finished product. I'm guessing it was included in the FZ gallery by mistake, or maybe it's Yamaha's sneaky new way of doing sneak peeks. I also noted that the FZ-09 has risen in price by $200 for 2015.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
It's a Yamaha stunt before the EIMCA show. They have been "accidently" posting pictures on official Yamaha sites to start buzz. And it is working :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Why are all the pics on the forums home page Graaaaphite? Excuse me I threw up a little in my mouth. Where's the Red ones? Sorry to jack the thread but since this bike was the latest addition to the homepage. I felt compelled to speak out.

Carry on!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Spoke to a Yamaha rep at the bike show in San Mateo this morning and he said the FJ will show up on the Yamaha website on Monday the 3rd. So hang tight for pricing and final spec.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Spoke to a Yamaha rep at the bike show in San Mateo this morning and he said the FJ will show up on the Yamaha website on Monday the 3rd. So hang tight for pricing and final spec.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So a day before the EICMA...hope he's right. So close now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like the FZ-09's looks and stance better than this FJ. The FJ's profile is pushing too much into "adventure bike" territory imo....

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's up on the site: FJ-09
Price is $10,490 and has a couple upgrades from the FZ. Looks like the rear shock got rebound damping, LED headlights and a 12v AUX power jack. Also center stand.

Not really my cup-o-tea, but nice for the money

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
A more comprehensive dash:

Though I do like the angular, offset dash on the FZ.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Hope they redesigned the oil pan...

·
Registered
30 Posts
For $10.5K, it should have had improved suspension. The FZ-08 suspension was significantly upgraded without impacting the MSRP. One would think that would be possible here for that much price increase. Still, ABS, TC, LED headlight, bigger tank, steeper rake,much better passenger accommodations, hand deflectors, and even a center stand (yes!). Many good improvements, but over 460 pounds!?!?! Looking forward to a first ride review. They should be showing up within a couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The weight is very good for what it is, basically the same as a 650 Ninja. We'll have to wait and see if they've increased the spring rates.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts