Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting to see a fellow FZ-09 rider in my city of San Jose, CA... wondering where and when it would happen. Seeing as how there was a significant waiting list at all Yamaha dealers in the Santa Clara county I knew there had to be more fellow riders out there. Honestly I have not laid eyes on a RAPID RED nor a LIQUID GRAPHITE in person.

Anyway, it happened today. There was heavy traffic on 87 Northbound and I found myself splitting lanes with two other morning commuters. I could see a red bike up ahead, but it had some type of tail tidy setup and I believe additional break lights above the license plate; so I disregarded it as an FZ-09. But as we approached the accident causing the traffic I was able to see it was indeed an FZ-09 in Rapid Red. This funny sense of comradery came over me as I grinned and waved.. as if belonging to a secret club! I now realize that not every rider is a member of this forum, but I think every FZ-09 owner ought to join!

So, red rider in the blue riding gear, if this thread finds you, It'd be my pleasure to buy lunch!
Cheers,

-Ben an ORANGE owner!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
That was me

·
Registered
554 Posts
We need a bay area meet up! I've only seen one other one in person and it was an orange bike up on Skyline Blvd last month. I assume it wasn't you because the owner and I talked and he saw my rapid red too. I was participating in a Doc Wong clinic so didn't get to ride with the guy, but that orange is pretty cool! Motomania glad you're still here. How are those forks working out?

Daniel

·
Registered
14 Posts
We should all meet up at Alice's sometime...
We need a bay area meet up! I've only seen one other one in person and it was an orange bike up on Skyline Blvd last month. I assume it wasn't you because the owner and I talked and he saw my rapid red too. I was participating in a Doc Wong clinic so didn't get to ride with the guy, but that orange is pretty cool! Motomania glad you're still here. How are those forks working out?

Daniel

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Alices is good.

The forks (traxxion Dynamics) and the Penske rear shock are working great!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Daniel
Indeed it was not me. I have yet to ride skyline; excited for an invite! I plan on giving it a go sooner than later and hope to be better prepared for the day ya'll want to meet up.

Motomania.. I noticed some badges on your forks and guessed they had been upgraded! Can't wait to see a modded fz 09 in the flesh.

Until tomorrow's morning ride I bid you all a good night.
-Ben

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Forks are all traxxion dynamics internals. My forks are their prototypes. The shock is Penske's prototype as well. Stoltec was developing his at about the same time and mine is not the same as his configuration. Just different configuration no real advantage.

Done lots of other mods as well and many more in store.

Reactions: marthy

·
Registered
77 Posts

Daniel
I Would totally drive down from Sac for a meet up

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have yet to see an FZ-09 in person so if by chance if one or some of you guys decide to meet at Alices some weekend and you think about it, how about a heads up PM? I would jump in the sedan and hang out till an -09 would arrive...thanks, Mark

·
Registered
24 Posts
Orange on Skyline was me. I met Daniel a while ago. When we Bay Area folks meetin?

Dan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts