Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'd love to see how well the TC works with that controller.
Traction control?
Never understood this. Why?
And speed shifter? How much faster is it than it is to back off a sixteenth and toe up?
The fuel controller they offer, maybe, but I would think marthy's for 250 will work as well?

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Let the debate begin! How do you think the FZ-09 stacks up against the Brutale 800? These bikes should be fairly close in power but the Yamaha is much cheaper.

Yamaha FZ-09 847cc MSRP $7990
MV Agusta Brutale 800 798cc MRSP $13,998

Not sure ahout those guys. But it can be done by controlling engine acceleration. If you know what gear/speed your in the controller can limit the accel sonit doesn't spin the wheel.

·
Registered
232 Posts
that MV Agusta Brutale 800 is one sexy looking bike that exhaust would look sweet on our FZ09s and i like the way the seat goes quarter way up the tank better for hooligan riding but not as reliable as our Yamaha's and that price is wicked high for a 800cc imo...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Not sure ahout those guys. But it can be done by controlling engine acceleration. If you know what gear/speed your in the controller can limit the accel sonit doesn't spin the wheel.

I don't think that is what I want, but the mag article seemed like this was so much better. I am not familiar with electronic controls. I know I will need to clean up the fueling, no doubt, so I am looking at all the methods out there. Looking at your comments, afr and torque charts, your set up seems to make for a good runner.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Traction control?
Never understood this. Why?
And speed shifter? How much faster is it than it is to back off a sixteenth and toe up?
The fuel controller they offer, maybe, but I would think marthy's for 250 will work as well?
With TC, you can stomp it earlier out of the corner retaining more brain function for other tasks, and with the speed shifter you can hold it to the stops on one or two wheels and slice through the gears. I love the technology. Now, would I do all of that on the FZ for $850? I doubt it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
With TC, you can stomp it earlier out of the corner retaining more brain function for other tasks, and with the speed shifter you can hold it to the stops on one or two wheels and slice through the gears. I love the technology. Now, would I do all of that on the FZ for $850? I doubt it.
I see what you mean here. There are benefits. Thanks. I would like to try a bike with tc and or speed shifter, but like you, 850, nope.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts