Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading how many new owners of the FZ09 are working for dealerships I wonder how many customers that have put down payments are being snubbed in leu of the people that work for the dealership? Maybe my perception is wrong?

Steve

·
Registered
611 Posts
After reading how many new owners of the FZ09 are working for dealerships I wonder how many customers that have put down payments are being snubbed in leu of the people that work for the dealership? Maybe my perception is wrong?

Steve
I think everyone has been caught off guard by how few bikes have been released. I think getting a new bike early is one of the few perks that dealer employees have. =(

·
Registered
552 Posts
they get few perks so this is good. I know if I worked at a shop and wanted one, I better be at the head of the line. This plus the salesmen can tell prospective buyers that the bike is so fantastic that employees are buying them too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't work for a dealer and found mine by calling around and asking if they had an FZ-09 on order and if there was a deposit on it.
Palmdale Supercycles in Calif. had one coming in that they ordered on Sept 7th when Yamaha started taking dealer orders. The owner, Tom Horton, told me he would hold it for me if I sent him a deposit. Tom treated me fairly and delivered my new Rapid Red FZ-09 last Friday for $7990.00 plus tax and CA. lic fees. I love the bike and was happy with the service and fair treatment by Palmdale Supercycles.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had alot of interest in the bike before it got here, and no-one wanted to leave a deposit to hold our first one, so in my eyes it was fair game. If their would have been a deposit on one I would not have gotten mine.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got lucky with mine. Scot on here is really good friends with the guys that work at my local dealership. He had a deposit down on one but decided to wait to pick up another bike. so I saw the picture of it on facebook when it first came in and went down the next day to pick it up. All the guys that worked there and scot were there to line up to ride it. sadly I was probably the 12th to ride my own bike but it was deff worth it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had alot of interest in the bike before it got here, and no-one wanted to leave a deposit to hold our first one, so in my eyes it was fair game. If their would have been a deposit on one I would not have gotten mine.....
I wondered about that, probably should have phrased a different way. With the attention the bike got, my impression was that the dealers were overwhelmed with buyers. Appears to not be the case. I agree with you, it's fair game. My impression was wrong about the way buyers were putting down payments on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts