Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping to join the FZ-09 owners club soon with a new 2015 model. I was looking for any thoughts, suggestions or concerns that I should know about before making the purchase? I am aware of most of the issues raised on this forum including the recalls but what are the couple of main ones, if any? Also, I'm going to shop around in So Cal so I'm hitting Berts, Del Amo, La Habra?.. But I'm wondering if I'm missing a better dealer in my area? Thank you in advance for your feedback.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Only thing that should affect the '15 that we know of is the shift shaft recall, mine wasn't included in that, my build date was 11/14, so if yours is built after that you're probably in the clear recall wise anyway. As far as the dealer, always shop around, and make sure they know you are shopping around. They'll be more likely to give you better pricing if it means not giving a sale to someone else. Anyway, good hunting! What color are you gonna get?

Reactions: Tigershark

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only thing that should affect the '15 that we know of is the shift shaft recall, mine wasn't included in that, my build date was 11/14, so if yours is built after that you're probably in the clear recall wise anyway. As far as the dealer, always shop around, and make sure they know you are shopping around. They'll be more likely to give you better pricing if it means not giving a sale to someone else. Anyway, good hunting! What color are you gonna get?
Thank you Lucas... I'll be sure to consider the build date for the recall. I'm leaning towards the gray but I do like the blue wheels on the silver. I wish they had them on the gray like the 2014 model. I'll post when I get it. Thx!

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Welcome. Once you see the silver in real life, you'll like it way more than the pictures. Take a look at the official matte silver thread and you'll see lots of great looking bikes. I have the 2015 grey and I love the silver, so there it is.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thank you Lucas... I'll be sure to consider the build date for the recall. I'm leaning towards the gray but I do like the blue wheels on the silver. I wish they had them on the gray like the 2014 model. I'll post when I get it. Thx!
Same here, but I am waiting like Tigershark said, to see it in person and see how I feel about the color. I have only seen the grey ones in person, and wish they had the blurple wheels on the grey color like before! Welcome!

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
The blurple wheels is the overwhelming bonus on the silver. Of course the silver contrast really works as well.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I am hoping to join the FZ-09 owners club soon with a new 2015 model. I was looking for any thoughts, suggestions or concerns
Same here but on the east coast. I like the yellow because mainly I like gloss paint, but that color fits the FZ09 very well. Someone that I met over the forum has the yellow and I got to see it first-hand by meeting him. Looked really nice. And I too am concerned about the recall...the shift shaft recall is my main concern, and I wouldn't want the dealer taking any engine covers off, nor cutting my wire harness for the headlight fix. Is there a thread dealing with just the 2015 pricing?

·
Registered
24 Posts
FYI. I just bought a 2015 yellow fz-09 from berts one week ago. The msrp listed on the yellow was $200 cheaper than the other colors for some reason. Their initial quote otd was about 10,900 when I walked in. Ended up paying 9,100 otd. I did not finance the bike. That includes our 9.5% sales tax and over 200 in dmv fees.

They told me after we agreed on the price that they wouldn't have done that price if it was a busy day and had other deals to make, I was there on a Tuesday, not sure if that was actually true, or just dealership bs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FYI. I just bought a 2015 yellow fz-09 from berts one week ago. The msrp listed on the yellow was $200 cheaper than the other colors for some reason. Their initial quote otd was about 10,900 when I walked in. Ended up paying 9,100 otd. I did not finance the bike. That includes our 9.5% sales tax and over 200 in dmv fees.

They told me after we agreed on the price that they wouldn't have done that price if it was a busy day and had other deals to make, I was there on a Tuesday, not sure if that was actually true, or just dealership bs.
Hi.. I was at Berts yesterday to take a look at the silver and also get my wife's buy in on the purchase:). I wasn't ready to take one home so just asked for the otd price on the gray.. They quoted me $10,800. I didn't ask for a better price but I would like to get otd for under $9k... we'll see. I hope to have it by the weekend:). Anyways, thank to all for the info and welcomes!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I paid $8100 + 360 tag/tax.

·
Registered
395 Posts
9.5% sales tax...That's a bit excessive isn't it. I just got my bike in March of 2015 and couldn't be happier with the bike and the forum. Lots of great information and knowledgeable folks here. ENJOY!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you mean Bert's in Azusa, don't pay a dime over $8500.00 OTD.
Well.. Thanks for the info.. I picked up the matte gray from Bert's on Sunday and couldn't be happier. I've only put 75 miles on it but can't wait for the weekend. I ordered the graves fender eliminator, seat cowl, small windscreen, new pegs and I am looking for the radiator covers.

I couldn't be more pleased with a bike. Thanks for all the comments and help!

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Congratulations! Enjoy your new Matte Gray machine. Same color as mine and I'm very happy with it.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Does HnK on your user name stand for Heckler & Koch by any chance?

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
newb to the forum, about to pull the trigger on the 09...have been riding an '03 Buell XB9S for the past 9 years, race kit installed, a bit more grunt over the stock set up. bought the bike with 2500 miles, she now has just shy of 70k and still kicking strong. would post a pic, but still learning how to work the forum. I'm an A&P/IA working in flight test side of aviation, veteran of two services and have been riding for about 30 years. former MSF/CMSP instructor when I lived in SoCal...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts