Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Not an FZ owner yet but am considering jumping ship. I'm a pretty small, light and old-ish guy. I've been riding for 46 years, on and off. My Triumph Tiger is awesome but quite top heavy, not to mention just plain heavy and therefore pretty awkward around town, at least for me; especially two up. It really is an awesome machine but something lighter and more maneuverable would really get my attention. And the 09 has done that and it evidently has a much lower GoG than the Tiger too.
I'll be asking all sorts of goofy questions about engine heat (a problem with the 1050), lack of ABS (which my Tiger does have),occasional touring suitability (which the Tiger is great at) etc. So please bear with me.
Thanks! :)

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Welcome to the forum. When are you thinking of buying? Maybe for 2015 the North American FZ 09 will have ABS as an option like the Euro MT 09 has.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah-ha! Thanks for that. The dealer I spoke to earlier today said the bike was too light for ABS yet I felt sure I'd read something about it being an option; must've been one of the Euro or Brit sites I read it on. Imagine that: a salesman blowing hot air!
In fact the Triumph Tiger 800 has an ABS option and it's about the same weight as FZ-09. If I decide on the FZ for myself and ABS is expected for next year, I may well wait.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I really have no idea when we'll have the ABS 09, could be years. But if it's something you want would suck to miss it by a few months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts