Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice $100 in my pocket just begging to be used to buy something for the FZ-09. Question is, what? I installed a 12v socket and have a go pro mount, so what next?Thought about rear spools or frame sliders. Then I remembered that the rear fender is awful, so maybe a rear fender eliminator. What would you, or have you bought in the $100 range?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking fender eliminator. When you look at the FZ from the side, it reminds of a cat with its tail in the air showing you his hole, just awful.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I watched Army of Darkness again two nights ago. Never gets old. Some many awesome one liners.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Best bang for your buck at that price range is stainless brake lines. it's what I'd do if I had some extra cash.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Best bang for your buck at that price range is stainless brake lines. it's what I'd do if I had some extra cash.
+1, the brake lines are a very nice upgrade, especially if you do any aggressive riding.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
$30 for a dark side t-shirt, $38 for an oil filter change, $12 for a tank of 93, $20 for swing arm spools.

OR

$50 for a rear stand, $20 for swing arm spools, $30 for a dark side t-shirt

OR

$100 for a Wind Screen

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Are you looking to improve performance, prevention, or looks?

Performance:

Hard to beat the Stoltec ECU reflash.

Prevention:

Frame/swingarm/axle sliders.

Looks:

Fender eliminator... but if you drop your bike and scratch up your case covers, you're not going to see the ugly stock fender anymore.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Spent my $100 on track stands. Cycle Gear has a great deal going. They aren't pit bulls or anything but still work well.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Oh yeah stands are an absolute must if you don't have them. Pay for themselves the first time you want to clean the chain or rims, etc.
Also helps when you take your bike to the local mechanic and all they work on is Harley Davidsons with a lift and we don't have that nifty full frame wrapped engine to sit on the lift. So that they can't change the tires because they don't have track stands to use.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I dont have a stand yet, as my last bike was a 2000 suzuki katana 750 which has a center stand. I do all my own work so a stand is a must. I also have some fab skills and was looking at giving making my own fe a try. I guess I'm looking more towards prevention. A week before I bought the FZ, the katana fell over off the kick stand breaking the clutch lever, mirror, turn signal and stator cover. So maybe I do need to look harder at the prevention/protection side of things.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts