Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

· Registered
238 Posts
That's exactly why I said to do the shock first. Just spend some time getting the shock in balance with the forks and then again after you gets the forks revalved.
It's easier to improve when both ends of the bike handle bumps and dips the same. Once I have it close I then use the tire wear to adjust in the rebound settings.
I look forward to your future post raving about the new handling ability on your bike.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Make sure to share lots of photos from your track days this coming season. We love that here.
I'm assuming you're up in the Michigan area? What tracks are you riding at?
Yeah I’m in Michigan. About 45 minutes north of Detroit. I’m closest to Grattan and rode there 4 days last year and one day at Gingerman. I’ll definitely share pics from this coming season. Can’t wait!

· Registered
529 Posts
Hi guys. I’ve decided to do both ends but in the interest if saving money for this season, I’m going with .95 springs and 10w oil. This will improve the front quite a bit over stock and I only plan to run this setup for one season. Next year, I’ll re-valve and custom piston with Stoltech Moto. For the rear I plan to go with Ktech Razor-R. I get Sport Bike Track Gear staff rider discount so the price is nice! I do track days with my son who works in sales at STG.
I may eventually pick up a track bike of the 600 ss or 750 variety for track days because I’m considering getting into some limited racing and as far as I can see there aren’t any races for our bikes.
Please write something about this setup once you have it in place🤓

41 - 44 of 44 Posts