Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Racetech makes good, affordable springs. I had them on my cbr600rr. I think properly weighted springs and fork oil + trackday tires and brakepads would be good upgrades.
To clarify my point, change front and rear springs for your weight at the same time. Less downtime in my opinion, and easier to understand feedback. Go with more cost-effective upgrades in case you go a different direction as your skills progress. If you're serious about trackdays, you'll probaby want a different bike later on... might be looking to get a track/race-prepped sportbike and keep the MT as a street bike.

· Registered
81 Posts
Thanks Topdec. I’m leaning toward Racetec springs and 10w fork oil combined with the K-Tec Razor shock. That’ll balance things out without spending thousands on a bike that there are no race events for (to my knowledge). I have contemplated the possibility of doing some race events in the future so I have been thinking about getting something more specific for the track.
Sounds good. I actually went to a smaller bike for the track. I have a ninja 400..previous track tools were '05 SV650S, '09 600rr, '04 R6 and '18 765R. I think it would be fun to start racing on a small displacement bike. It helps develop skills for carrying corner speed instead of point-and-shoot. Tires will be cheaper too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts