Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
2,379 Posts
I'd do a K-tech rear shock and then, because your weight is so much more than the front is sprung for, do a set of springs only which should be about $125. It won't perfect but it'll give you a much improved over stock motorcycle until you can do cartridges. The K-Tech appear to be almost $400 cheaper then the Penske. Then next year you could do K-Tech fork piston kit which is about as good as cartridges and not have to buy springs.

· Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
2,379 Posts
Racetech makes good, affordable springs. I had them on my cbr600rr. I think properly weighted springs and fork oil + trackday tires and brakepads would be good upgrades.
I bought Racetech stuff for my 77 CB550 but I don't think it's as high quality as K-Tech &Ohlins.

· Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
2,379 Posts
Hi guys. I’ve decided to do both ends but in the interest if saving money for this season, I’m going with .95 springs and 10w oil. This will improve the front quite a bit over stock and I only plan to run this setup for one season. Next year, I’ll re-valve and custom piston with Stoltech Moto. For the rear I plan to go with Ktech Razor-R. I get Sport Bike Track Gear staff rider discount so the price is nice! I do track days with my son who works in sales at STG.
I may eventually pick up a track bike of the 600 ss or 750 variety for track days because I’m considering getting into some limited racing and as far as I can see there aren’t any races for our bikes.
That's a good way to do it imo. The new spring just ties into next years piston kit so no wasted spending. In the immediate future, you'll have a bike that's substantially better than stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts