Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On your FZ-09 to satin black - What would you PC?

This is my list so far:

- Passenger pegs
- Handlebar
- Levers

What else? :cool:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Not sure...? I think I'm about done modding, the bike came up really nice. I'll finish to sort out the suspension and if I have some change left I might swap the handlebars for the black Renthal and brake/clutch levers. But not sure what I would PC if I could... I have a PC shop about 2 miles down the road here. I'll think about it.

·
Vendor
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure...? I think I'm about done modding, the bike came up really nice. I'll finish to sort out the suspension and if I have some change left I might swap the handlebars for the black Renthal and brake/clutch levers. But not sure what I would PC if I could... I have a PC shop about 2 miles down the road here. I'll think about it.
Let's say the PC was done pro bono...

·
Registered
611 Posts
I should have some pics soon of some stuff done =)

Reactions: marthy

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
all the exhaust.
Forks would be nice.
handlebars
pegs

(without having the bike to go take a look)
Just FYI:

Anodize the forks, powdercoat goes on pretty thick & can affect the fitment... Also I've heard that the 400* baking process can warp the thin metal, I don't know how true this is from experience though.

And ceramic coat the exhaust, because the powdercoat will go "chaulky" and literally melt off at those temperatures :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
If going to powder coat ... Make sure the shop has a top reputation and well trained staff .... Buddy of mine got a whole heap of his TL1000R (stripped to frame) parts coated recently ... 'Cheap' .... It was that bad he spent first day scraping back over coat from threads and mount holes... So thick that the parts wouldn't fit in.... Ended up taking it back and complaining.... Got them to put it in a bath of something or other.... Bare metal again... Then he took it to a different shop ... Completely sick of the powder idea and got good 2pack put on....

Cheap and nasty powder coat outfits are deadly to your wallet!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts