Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just looked at the new 07 moto... I'm gonna keep the 09! It just feels better to me, not sure why but keeping the 09 for sure.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The existence of the FZ-07 has had zero effect on my love of, or desire for an FZ-09. It would not have made a difference in my choice had I had the option between the two when the 09 came out. Apples and oranges really.

Got to see and sit on a FZ-07 for the first time today. Not impressed, feels and looks cheap to me (no offense to 07 owners).

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'm a sucker for anything with at least 100 horsepower. My wife had several SV650's and while I liked the bike it always lacked that extra oomph. Since I got my 97 Bandit they have all been at least 100 except the 600F4i. It had 94. Close enough. I really did consider something smaller but only for a moment. I love my FZ09 and I'm not looking back. Or forward. Figuratively. My wife saw a Blazing Orange in the back of a truck today. They are more fun if you ride them.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Having had my 09 since early October last year and now, getting a chance to put 450+ miles on my wife's 07 to break it in, I would choose the FZ09 hands down....but then again, I absolutely love the torque and acceleration of the 09. Don't get me wrong, the 07 has got a lot of ummph for a 700cc motorcycle, but after riding the 09 for this long, I just couldn't go back.

I was out on her 07 today finishing up on the last of the break in miles and I will tell y'all this, the 07 will corner and turn in quite a bit easier than the 09....and the 09 ain't no slouch by any stretch of the imagination, especially with the suspension upgrades that I have on it. In the tight stuff, like at Deals Gap, the 07 transitions from side to side really quickly....I am impressed with it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The mt logo needs to be here in north america. I would like to try the sport tracker and street rally. The fz-09 is top secret almost to red light onlookers. If we had that jet looking logo instead of the most known yamaha logo on our tank it would be a UFO. I would definitely buy the 09.
There has been a lot of big men buying this motorcycle and if yamaha is listening in to this forum , my advice is 2 models same motorcycle. 1 standard and one longer taller . And reward the ones that made the return of 850class a success.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Had I not drooled over the 09 when it first came out, I would have gone for the 07... I was really only looking for a standard style bike to commute and have some fun with, but the beast came along first!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
While I do like 07, if they were both sitting in the showroom when I was buying, I'd still go with the 09. No regrets whatsoever, I love this bike(except the CCT)...

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
All things considered the 07 would have been the smarter choice for be. That being said I'd stick with the 09. Love this bike.
+ 1000000. Me too........the smarter choice.....

However, Given the choice, I've Never chosen Less power over more, and given the choice I'd choose the '09 Every Time. No regrets... :cool:

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
+ 1000000. Me too........the smarter choice.....

However, Given the choice, I've Never chosen Less power over more, and given the choice I'd choose the '09 Every Time. No regrets... :cool:
Regretfully, your choice of color renders that statement highly inaccurate...:argue:

·
Registered
619 Posts
My FZ-09 is a toy, pure and simple. I don't commute on it, it's not my only form of transport - it is purely for fun. As such, I would pick it over the FZ-07 any day. Not saying the 07 isn't fun, I'm sure it is, but for the minor difference in price I will keep my 09

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Regretfully, your choice of color renders that statement highly inaccurate...:argue:
I chose The Fasest Color. You're bitter because they kept the two '09 Colors in the lower 48 and only sent The Islands the Slate Gray :cool:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Slate Gray? Really? We're going there now? The truth is, Yamaha decided to keep the two slower colors on the mainland knowing full well there would be no market for slow bikes over here...:eagerness:

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Slate Gray? Really? We're going there now? The truth is, Yamaha decided to keep the two slower colors on the mainland knowing full well there would be no market for slow bikes over here...:eagerness:
You know as well as I do The Two Fastest Colors wouldn't have enough Open Road there to justify giving up the limited availability for HI.

I'll Post a Photo if you're unaware of how Beautiful the Red and Orange really are.... :cool:

Reactions: MoFZio and Mothy
1 - 20 of 60 Posts