Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen quite a few LED indicators that I like, but I am a numpty when it comes to wiring et al.

Which aftermarket ones come completely plug and play? I.e. no wire cutting and blinker relays etc... Just plug, and that's it.

I've seen the Yamaha LED's which are pretty good, not sure if they are readily available in Canada though.

I also like these ones:
Loop E Marked Turn Signal LED Lights for KTM 990 690 SMT SMR Super Moto | eBay

but I don't think they are P&P.

So what is available in a similar style to the above, Rizoma-ish, without the cost.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I have dealt with these guys and they are great. You can probably email them to see if any of the turn signals are plug and play?

Aftermarket Performance Parts and Accessories for Yamaha FZ-09 / MT-09 2013, 2014, 2015 | Motostarz Canada | Motostarz.ca

You will need the adapter plates to mount the round stalk led lights.

And here is a great source for good quality low price LED lights and flasher relays.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/search/flashers-load-resistors/motorcycle/

Some LED lights work without the relay or resistors, and just flash at a faster rate, others won't flash at all.

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I think Tristan at [email protected] may be able to put together wiring extensions or even put plugs on your accessory lights so no stock wiring is cut. Worth a try.

Reactions: redeye

·
Registered
106 Posts
For what it's worth, wiring up turn signals is veeeeery easy. It's seems daunting at first, but I'd wager if you have the ability to google and use these forums you could cut and crimp connectors onto your signals and bike. If you had to solder anything I could see why you wouldn't want to touch them.

A quick search on YouTube would tell you everything you need to know to get you on your way. Anyway just some food for thought.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
They can be found on eBay as well, but if they come from China, shipping may take a few weeks.

Yamaha Turn Signals Wire Plug Adapters YZF R6 R6S R1 FZ6 FZ1 FZ 6R 09 10 TMAX | eBay

And just a note for the Canucks, if you order anything out of the UK, delivery should be quick. I ended up ordering the rear fender extended right from Pyramid Plastics out of the UK, since no one seemed to have stock at the time. I ordered it late in the day, and it was exactly 5 days when it showed up at my door. The nice part was that there was zero brokerage fees and no GST charged???? Which is crazy because I have had stuff shipped up from the US, which was way closer and it always takes at least two weeks to get here.

So it is worth checking and seeing what you can find for an MT-09 out of the UK.

And an added note, if a US supplier only uses UPS, Fedex, or a courier to ship to Canada, DON"T DO IT!!! I have found the best way is via USPS (US Postal Service). It might take a bit longer to get your order, but your wallet won't get ripped of at the border. UPS especially seems to have the worst brokerage fees to get stuff across the border.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
By stating "idiot proof" you don't assume Everyone here can handle it do you....???

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
By stating "idiot proof" you don't assume Everyone here can handle it do you....???
Chances are they make a book for that.

510fsppPjeL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

JohnDummies_zps7bec4acb.jpg

squidz_dummies.jpg

p.s. - right off the internet, so I am just providing library reference for material here, lol.

And one more, dummy for dummy's

crash-testing-dummies.jpg

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
835 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts