Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this jacket out? Either the regular Patrol or the Patrol Raiden. I'm just wondering how well it would perform as an all weather jacket. I really don't ride in rain very often so I'm not that interested in the waterproofing capabilities however it is a plus. Just wondering if this is over kill, or uncomfortable as an everyday jacket.

Patrol Raiden Waterproof Jacket - Grey | Products | Ride Icon

·
Registered
612 Posts
I just picked up a regular ICON Patrol jacket about 3 weeks ago and so far I'm loving it. I rode home last night from work and it was toasty warm even though the night air was getting quite cool. I also picked up some matching ICON Patrol gloves which are thermally insulated and waterproof with a built in visor squeegee. I have to say the jacket I got is very heavy duty and I feel very much protected when I'm wearing it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
awesome! thanks for the reply. How about in warmer weather? Am i going to die underneath of thsi thing or does it have good ventilation? how about the bulk? Am I better off with a sport cut jacket?

·
Registered
612 Posts
awesome! thanks for the reply. How about in warmer weather? Am i going to die underneath of thsi thing or does it have good ventilation? how about the bulk? Am I better off with a sport cut jacket?
Not sure about warm weather, I just got it for the colder months. For Summer I have an Olympia vented textile jacket. My icon does have a rain liner and thermal liner and both are removable, but so far I haven't bothered to take them out or even use the vents.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure about warm weather, I just got it for the colder months. For Summer I have an Olympia vented textile jacket. My icon does have a rain liner and thermal liner and both are removable, but so far I haven't bothered to take them out or even use the vents.
wait this icon has a rain liner? Whats the point of a rain liner if the jacket is waterproof?

·
Registered
612 Posts
wait this icon has a rain liner? Whats the point of a rain liner if the jacket is waterproof?
The outer fabric isn't waterproof, just parts of it, it's the rain liner that's keeping you dry.

Reactions: freshme4t
1 - 7 of 7 Posts