Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep! Its not going to be for everyone, and i'm sure i'll get flamed quite a bit, but i came from a fighter and that's where my heart lies. Here is the last bike i built.

I wanted to see how the nine would look with a mask before i spent any real time on it, so i threw my paintball mask on and i'm digging it. I want to find something with a slightly bigger opening, or do a dual projector mod, and i'm also going to look for something a bit more low profile, but for now i'm feeling fightered again. I don't ride at night ever so not to worried about that, and as you can see there is still alot of light coming through. Anyway here are a couple of crappy cell phone pics!

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Now that's funny.......and creative! I commend you on your methods and probably a very good idea to visualize what something "might" look like before you start on it. Nice!

Reactions: Evil Mechanic

·
Registered
520 Posts
I actually saw something similar a few weeks ago... My neighbor's buddy visited him on his ducati monster 800... He had a whole transformers autobots theme, had logo painted on side.. And his fly screen was an autobots helmet.. Was pretty sweet, didnt even think to snap a photo... Derp

How did you secure them helmet to the headlight?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually saw something similar a few weeks ago... My neighbor's buddy visited him on his ducati monster 800... He had a whole transformers autobots theme, had logo painted on side.. And his fly screen was an autobots helmet.. Was pretty sweet, didnt even think to snap a photo... Derp

How did you secure them helmet to the headlight?
Its strapped on just like it would be on my head, just super tight so it doesn't move when i hit bumps.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Mod and let mod...anyone flaming you for that is just an a$$. I kinda like it, btw

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. One thing I noticed is im definitely going to have to get some bar end mirrors. The stock mirrors look out of place now. Im also wondering how hard it would be to do a fz07 instrument cluster swap. That kinda sticks out as well.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Yep! Its not going to be for everyone, and i'm sure i'll get flamed quite a bit, but i came from a fighter and that's where my heart lies. Here is the last bike i built.

I wanted to see how the nine would look with a mask before i spent any real time on it, so i threw my paintball mask on and i'm digging it. I want to find something with a slightly bigger opening, or do a dual projector mod, and i'm also going to look for something a bit more low profile, but for now i'm feeling fightered again. I don't ride at night ever so not to worried about that, and as you can see there is still alot of light coming through. Anyway here are a couple of crappy cell phone pics!

]
If you have an old mask then try baking it in the oven to find at what temperature it begins to get pliable. Wrap the front of your bike with tinfoil and then you can press the mask against it when it is slightly pliable and make it a lower profile. If you take the glass out of the mask it will save you some heat and vibration troubles down the road - and allow you to reshape the opening to make it larger.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts