Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

I pulled the trigger on an Orange one

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  broncsrule21 
#1 · (Edited)
Its papered and read to pick up today. I want to the dealer yesterday and made the purchase. When I was doing the insurance, another sales person said "The FZ-09 is sold out at the yamaha factory and we can't order any more" Now I'm not that smart but wouldn't the factory be switching to producing 2015's anyway? I figured it was a little truth and a little sales tactic. So when it came to price they wouldn't budge. So I had to do it. I took out my phone and showed him a photo I had taken two weeks ago of the exact same bike with a price of $7800. He gave me that price.

I was considering a Vstrom over this, but I could not stop wanting this bike. I knew If I went with the Vstrom that voice in my head would always say "how fun would the FZ-09 have been"

So they open at 9 this morning and its 7 now. I guess I have to sit here with my helmet on for another 2 hours:cool:

#5 ·
Congrats and welcome!

#12 ·
IMO: the bike is not all that bad in bone stock form.

My advice: Just ride it for a while and have some fun before you start buying a bunch of parts for it.

Later when you start changing things you will appreciate them more, because you will have a baseline to compare your upgrades to.

Have fun!

#16 ·
I picked up the bike and was riding by 10:30. I took 2 drink breaks and finally came home at 3:00. I ate some food and watching the weather here in Perkasie Pennsylvania because as soon as this clouds and spotty rain clears, i m going back out.....

This bike is so awesome. I started out in B mode and after my first break I forgot and the default standard mode was set. I really didn't notice a difference. The throttle is should I say "precise" but I got used to it quickly. With my experience riding a Suzuki GS 250 last year, the suspension is fine to me. I'm not a light guy either at 5'8" ( could stand to loose a few pounds). I read the owner manual and have been keeping the rpm's below 5K which is easy to do around town anyway. I'm keeping a load on the engine and trying to vary speed, gear, and rpm's

I went back to the dealer (montgomeryville cycle center) for my second stop to get some lens cleaner for my visor (bug guts on my new Shoei) and by this time it was crowed. This gut comes up and says your the guy that bought this. I have been eyeing this....I went to the sales guy (real nice down to earth funny guy) and told him I have been riding no-stop and smiling ear to ear.

Yeah this is a nice ride

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.