Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually wanted to replace all the bare plastic pieces with carbon fiber parts but when I added up the total it was like $1,800!!! So I figured since I already had a gallon of gloss black automotive paint, trying that instead would be pretty much free. IMHO I think all those parts should look the same, whether it's carbon fiber, bare plastic or painted gloss black. The little rear fender being bare plastic and the front fender being painted gloss black always looked awkward to me.

So here's how it turned out... Again, in MY opinion I REALLY like it. It makes the bike look more expensive, more substantial. Less "Street Fighterish" or rugged I guess but I'm not really into that anyway.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That looks great! Better than what I could've imagined in my head. lol I like the LED pod placement in the scoops as well. I picked up a set of these (vvv) and trying to decide where to mount them...was thinking under the headlight like the PIAA lights.

EDIT: You really can't tell if the parts are carbon unless you're about 10 ft from the bike. I have a carbon front fender and from a distance it just looks like glossy gray.

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
687 Posts
Poking the Hornets nest...now you have to blackout the foot controls. Looks really good, but from your other stuff posted I'd expect nothing less.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks great. I had bought black controls on ebay and it was missing parts. I painted my foot controls with roll bar and chassis paint. The only thing that wears are the serrated points on the pegs and brake. Easy to touch up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts