Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a working OEM headlight bulb they want to sell? My hi-beam burnt out and bulbs are on backorder from Yamaha.

Let me know please.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Nothing special about the bulb...any parts store should have one

EDIT: Just ask for an H4 bulb

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I have one since I replaced mine with a PIAA bulb ordered on Amazon. You could have my stick bulb (if I can find it) but you're much better off buying the PIAA. I believe I paid about $50 for two PIAA bulbs including tax and shipping. :)

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Oshram 65W Rallye H4 is the bomb. I always order two at a time so that I have a spare. For a higher watt bulb, I get incredible life out of them. I have used them on several bikes over the years without a hitch. Anything higher watt wise may melt the headlight lense.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
H4 at any autoparts store. About $10 for a basic one and about $22 for a really bright one.

Reactions: Travis and edgyver

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have stock wattage Sylvania Silverstars in both bikes. They don't last as long as some. But, offer a nice white light and an increase in brightness(The longevity tradeoff?). On sale, they are <$40/pair.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had some left over silverstar ultras from my MR2 and used one in my fz. Just till I get a piaa light. Sylvania bulbs only lasted me a year where the piaa will go a few years. I will say any headlight upgrade is noticeable. That stock bulb was crap.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just popped in a $6 H4 60/55 bulb. Good to go.
I don't desire fancy aftermarket stuff.

Plenty of length on my headlight lead, too. Don't think mine needs that recall work done to it.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Fancy as in something that improves visibility on what is already a very weak and unsafe headlight. Osram is owned by Sylvania, and builds bulbs for Mercedes-Benz, arguably the safest brand on the road.

·
Registered
520 Posts
What kinda bulbs are the running lights next to the h4 headlight bulb?

I swapped out the h4 but have been too lazy to open housing

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts