Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone be willing to meet up in the DFW area that has a liquid graphite fz-09? I have seen many pictures and to me the blue on the wheels looks purple. I would like to see one in person to make my final decision on color I would like. My next favorite is orange.

·
Registered
115 Posts
too bad I'm in Houston or I'd meet with you. Let me know if you get down this way... or you can just come down and buy mine and ride it home.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
None at the dealership except orange or red. If I like the liquid graphite then I'll wait for a 2015 model and just hope they'll still be available in that color

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is everyone's opinion on the blue wheels? I have had about equal opinions at the dealership about how it looks

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i'm a big fan of them - but other people aren't - it's a very personal preference thing. The wheels are not straight blue though - we've all been calling them Blurple. It's mostly blue but there is definitely a shade of purple in there.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I also purchased for the wheel color

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ditto. The blurple wheels was the selling point for me. I do like the pinstripe on the red, but the blurple wins. Sorry orange -- no shout out for you.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I personally like my Blurple wheels, definitely sets the bike apart. In pictures or in florescent lit showrooms they look much different than they do in person in sunlight. The Graphite has so many dark elements to most of the bike that it needs the contrasting color, imho...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Mine started out Blurple. I then painted them Graphite. Right now the front is gloss black and the rear satin black. At next tire change, they will all be gloss black. Easy to clean for those twice a year cleanings (if that) it receives.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Would anyone be willing to meet up in the DFW area that has a liquid graphite fz-09? I have seen many pictures and to me the blue on the wheels looks purple. I would like to see one in person to make my final decision on color I would like. My next favorite is orange.
Just so you know the blue on the wheels look kinda purple because of the grey contrast. I have a blue 2007 Yamaha r6 that sits beside my fz and it's identical blue to the rims on my fz =) hope that helps

Deep purplish blue metallic is the name of the color on my r6

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I personally like my Blurple wheels, definitely sets the bike apart. In pictures or in florescent lit showrooms they look much different than they do in person in sunlight. The Gray has so many dark elements to most of the bike that it needs the contrasting color, imho...
Dark elements......??? :director::bs:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts