Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Vendor
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stock tail light always looked out of place to me so I ordered the Rizoma tail light. Was a straight forward install, directions were not in English so glad it was easy. Had to steal 2 grommets, 2 sleeves, and a rubber stopper from the stock assembly. A big improvement IMO

Attachments

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
The stock tail is a pc of crap and ugly as sin. :cool:

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I'd love to do this mod. But I don't want to sacrifice the visibility to a cager! Every little bit counts.

ANY LED Rear Light will be 100x better & brighter than the stock rear lights. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Aren't the stock taillight/brakelight LED's Steve? I really kind of like the stock light back there, that's why I was happy when Motodynamic came up with their light.....same shape as the stocker.

Reactions: Niner

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I have the CustomLED.....They are all pretty much the same look, except for the smaller, sleeker, more expensive, Rozoma. Those 4 "pumpkins" had to go....:mad:

·
Vendor
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it pretty bright but it is deff smaller. Ill have to ask the people I ride with if it is any less visible.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The stock tail light always looked out of place to me so I ordered the Rizoma tail light. Was a straight forward install, directions were not in English so glad it was easy. Had to steal 2 grommets, 2 sleeves, and a rubber stopper from the stock assembly. A big improvement IMO
Did the same thing a couple of months ago. The stock tail light looks like an afterthought both in size and shape. Rizoma looks like it belongs there

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I have ridden behind my bike looking at the Rizoma, and it is bright enough to me. Yes, it is not very big, but when the brake is applied, it gets plenty of attention. I tend to pump my brake a couple of times when a car approaches me at a stop to wake them up.

I totally agree about having a clean tail section. This bike has the best tailsection of any bike that I have ever owned.

IMG_109808849751935.jpg

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Did the same thing a couple of months ago. The stock tail light looks like an afterthought both in size and shape. Rizoma looks like it belongs there

The stock tail light and indicators look like they came from the old (budget) parts bin in Japan, Thailand, or South Korea :cool:

Reactions: DNFDOUG

·
Registered
610 Posts
Really like the clean look, but I'm saving for my flash from Vcycle.

Reactions: vcyclenut

·
Registered
290 Posts
Was going to replace the taillight quickly until I got the bike. I think the tailight is pretty unique with some character. Going to leave it on for now.

Those Pumpkins on the otherhand :( They have to go soon!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I like the stock tail.

The stock indicators are parts bin lights for sure though.

If you have the factory luggage rack, the tail doesn't look weird any more.

·
Registered
883 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
I like the stock tail.

The stock indicators are parts bin lights for sure though.

If you have the factory luggage rack, the tail doesn't look weird any more.

Have you lowered your headlight??

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
mine looks half way between snamzz and bigweb.
I have the rear rack and a top box, so kept the al arm to keep it all in proportion.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts