Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, life has been keeping me really busy lately which has kept me (mostly) off the internet. But I've missed this forum.
Anyway, I've landed a part time gig with Honda motorcycles as a demo rider, met the owner of VNM Sport, (if you don't know, VNM Sport make some of the best base layers, specifically designed for riding) and have been doing work with both of them.
Ducati 848 by Kevin Brown, on Flickr

Also, with that, I've gotten involved with Jim from Vet2Track, which is an organizing that helps Veterans with PTSD get the camaraderie, therapy, and support they need, by bringing them out to a racetrack to ride motorcycles. https://www.facebook.com/vet2track/?fref=ts

These people I've met over the last couple months have been truly amazing. So much so, that we had to get together for a trackday!
This was the first time I've tracked the FZ with the new fork springs (purchased through Stoltec of course) and man, what a difference! Now I just need to get my lines straightened out. :cool:

Anyway, I don't think I look too bad for my 4th track day, and I'll be back there again this Monday.

As always, the FZ is a blast to ride, and always gets a lot of attention when I come back from a session.

Pictures and a video below for your viewing enjoyment!

FZ-09 VNM Sport by Kevin Brown, on Flickr

Turn 13 by Kevin Brown, on Flickr

Exiting turn 8 by Kevin Brown, on Flickr

9 by Kevin Brown, on Flickr

9 again, WAY outside by Kevin Brown, on Flickr

10 by Kevin Brown, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Clocked a 1:44 on the second lap. Lines are good but if you get close to those white lines ..your lap times will come down 6 seconds at least. Nice vid.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nice job!

It's hard to see in the pictures but is your GoPro on a Ram mount? That's one of the smoother bike-mounted videos I've seen so far.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Nice props for VnM gear! My girlfriend has the top and bottom (as well as a few friends) and she loves it. One of these days I'll find my way down to JenningsGP...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HAHA, Sorry for the confusion guys; that's Rj, and yes, that's her Ducati. (She's leading me in the last track photo) I am simply the photographer.

Dave, we'd be happy to have you down here for a track day!

Here's some footage from yesterday's shenanigans at Jennings, (and again, Rj leading for the first lap).

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Kim...get closer to the dirt in 7 and 9. You're lines are near perfect.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CD, I'm assuming Kim is directed at me...haha.

Thanks again for the tips, glad to know my lines are getting there. I still feel like I can make 3-4-5 a lot straighter and a lot faster.

Dave, that sounds awesome! I'm jealous of the toy hauler. Is that a GirlRiders event in the spring?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks CD, I'll work on that today.

electric, Thank you. It is a ram mount, Here is a photo of the attachment on the bike. I just use their 1/4 20 tripod ball, and a go pro tripod adapter
Thank you very much! I'm going to have to look into that. It's certainly more watchable than my videos taken from the top of a helmet.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Great photos!

If you keep track riding the FZ, be cautious of going to rear sets to improve the peg dragging... I did and dragged left engine case, on a downhill cambered corner that compressed The suspension and low sided on Monday.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts