Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The FZ guys, the FZ!
While riding I hit the 1,000 mile mark and I WOT, the last glance at the speedometer said 123mph and I did not dare to take the eyes off the road after that. Man what a rush, love this bike...she sounded beautiful at 9-10K rpms. On the ride home I kept her at 7-8K and the occasional WOT, hahaha. This one is going in the book of stories I'm NOT telling my grandchildren.

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
I find it amazing how this feels like you're just closing in on 100 when you hit the speed limiter. I don't need to go faster than that, or even that fast to begin with, but it just gets there so easily. Like it's only beginning to let itself out. The first highway I hit after leaving my house is about 1/2 mile of straight, wide open blacktop with open farm fields on both sides and Ts at a stop sign. I can easily top out and cruise a bit before slowing down to stop. I've only done it once, but the temptation is there every time I ride. Good thing I'm not 40 years younger. I just keep telling myself the bike's not warmed up yet. To date I have yet to ride it outside of Standard Mode. I'm saving that for when I get bored.

I recall Aaron Colton describing the first max speed run with his and how much it wanted to keep accellerating.

·
Registered
111 Posts
ive been riding it in b mode so when I get bored I can just flip it to std and it gives me the extra big smile... I have a 27 km winding road to work so there isn't much for top speed but lots of lean angle! I <3 my fz so much haha

·
Super Moderator
4,341 Posts
ive been riding it in b mode so when I get bored I can just flip it to std and it gives me the extra big smile... I have a 27 km winding road to work so there isn't much for top speed but lots of lean angle! I <3 my fz so much haha
What road is that?

·
Registered
383 Posts
The FZ guys, the FZ!
While riding I hit the 1,000 mile mark and I WOT, the last glance at the speedometer said 123mph and I did not dare to take the eyes off the road after that. Man what a rush, love this bike...she sounded beautiful at 9-10K rpms. On the ride home I kept her at 7-8K and the occasional WOT, hahaha. This one is going in the book of stories I'm NOT telling my grandchildren.
When I feel like I need to blow off some steam I have a 10 mile loop that I hit. When I'm done I usually put the bike away with a twisted smile and some shaking hands. The road has sunken drainage pipes under it, which at 65+ make for some air time with extremely smooth landings. But... that's a closed course of course....

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
That does look like a really nice commute in summer, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that part of the globe in winter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts