Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wear men's size L gloves. Mediums are a little tight. I don't have particularly stubby thumbs, but have a hard time covering the horn button. I ride in DFW traffic. On my 2013 FJR I can cover the clutch lever AND horn buttons, just in case. I don't use my flash-to-pass "trigger" much and really wish it could be the horn.

Anyone else wish the horn button was a little more left or otherwise closer?

Fizzerpilot, maybe a, ahem, "horny" kit?......:cool:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wear men's size L gloves. Mediums are a little tight. I don't have particularly stubby thumbs, but have a hard time covering the horn button. I ride in DFW traffic. On my 2013 FJR I can cover the clutch lever AND horn buttons, just in case. I don't use my flash-to-pass "trigger" much and really wish it could be the horn.

Anyone else wish the horn button was a little more left or otherwise closer?

Fizzerpilot, maybe a, ahem, "horny" kit?......:cool:
I noticed this on my initial ride home from the dealer. I have smaller hands but when I'm wearing big winter gloves that's when I run into that issue

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
835 Posts
Should be a quick wire swap eh? Could make the horn the "flash 2 pass" and the flash the "horn".

May as well upgrade it to a Banshee while you're at it!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I went ahead and removed the horn altogether, but had considered rewiring it to the FTP trigger.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I had a problem with it the first couple rides, but now I almost never hit it on accident. I DO wish the mode select button was on the left side though ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
My advice is to do what I did. Get ride of the horn and get a full exhaust (I went with Two Brothers). Every time a car is in my way, I just pull in the clutch and give her a few revs. Works way better than a horn that sounds like your riding a moped!

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I like the "horny kit" idea... Who wouldn't? But, I already have a couple other things sitting in the wings that I'm not comfortable going ahead with, yet, as it would negatively impact the delivery of the other kits. We've shipped 126 kits in 4 weeks, and it shows no signs of slowing. In order to maintain our current level of service, and sanity, the other kits will have to wait.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The horn button location is poor, particularly if you have other bikes with the horn button in the more traditional location- on the bottom of the switch box with the turn signals in the middle. I swapped out the stock switch with one from a Triumph and could't be happier although it was a bit of work to adapt. The Triumph switch box has the flash to pass, and the horn button where it belongs on the bottom of the box. No more issue switching from bike-to-bike.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It sucks I'm pushing to turn my blinkers off anytime I want to honk my horn! There's gotta be a yamaha switch that could be switched out and be a plug and play swap.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I have small hands and it is a reach for me.

The bike has such amazingly well designed ergos overall, so I am surprised that they jacked up the horn button.

May have to call my union rep.

·
Registered
833 Posts
The horn button sucks, but I am saving my flash to pass button for the "garage door opener mod".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts