Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I waited until today to post this. I am the owner of a brand new FZ 09... Orange (the fastest color of course). I have NOT taken possession of the bike yet. A dealer checkout and of course its supposed to snow tomorrow,, so I will probably wait till Thursday to go get her. This is the first new I have bought since 1984! I have had plenty in my life. Started riding and racing in the high desert of CA.. did some club racing in the 80's then started raising and paying for a family. Bought a 02' 1200 Bandit and had some fun with it.. got a bit tired of it and sold it off. I read about this bike, researched it, watched the videos, and visited it down in TX... I broke down. Hope to learn a lot about the bike and share whatever I learn about it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may have to drag it out to my old stomping grounds to get those.. but thats in the works..

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
welcome, I've got some friends in OK, I bet the riding is great there. Not many mountains, but you can see through all the turns

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Boomer Sooner and welcome to the Family! Actually, I'm a Boise State fan and just threw that Sooner reference in there to sound welcoming...

Orange is by far the Sexiest and fastest model of FZ-09. It also causes Women on the Sidewalks to blush, fall over backwards with their legs in the air. Seriously, you'll see!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually riding (for me personally speaking) in Oklahoma is kind of the pits. but I'm hoping for a better experience this round. :p

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! I am ready for better weather and to clear this time of year..

Reactions: beck and Niner

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Welcome, ride safe

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fozzy

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had planned on picking it up this evening.. but now the flu has struck me down.. may have to wait till tomorrow... damn the luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm here in Oklahoma too just picked up my rapid red FZ last Friday. What part of the state are you in?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Down here in Ardmore.. No.. I'm not FROM here! LOL.. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
LOL well I'm from here born and raised. And if you want to find the good riding you need to come up to the north east corner of the state.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Congrats and welcome. I pick mine up tomorrow also...hope I don't get the flu

Reactions: Fozzy

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Flu plus 28 degrees outside.. No need for pneumonia to set in :(

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
She is officially mine and home.. Right off the bat, she's a dream to drive. Smooth, handles the road very nice. I was a bit worried about how light the bike was in relation to the 1200 bandit. I have to say that I am instantly more comfortable on it than I was on the bandit. Orange looks great in the sun Feb 27 sick and a dog.. Bike is brand new.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts