Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... still have a huge smile on my face.
Sadly up here in Minnesota they didn't offered the Red or Orange model vs. the Graphite one.
Anyhoooww its awesome, btw mien is still in the crate and will be delivered next week. Well then I have questions to our great members;
- how are you breaking in the FZ-09 (Especially now under ~30F temps)?
- which oil is it coming in, (hope Mineral 10-40 for the first 500 miles)?
- Antifreeze or not, I have no problem riding in the cold except on ice or snow HA
- who got there owners and maintenance manual?
- anybody got a run-through with and Expert Yamaha mechanic?
- what about having it in an closed unheated garage up north here. Any input?

Any other tip and tricks for newbies... maybe I missed a previous post. Sorry for my anxiousness lol

Cheers,
Gerhard

·
Registered
734 Posts
Sadly up here in Minnesota they didn't offered the Red or Orange model vs. the Graphite one.
Anyhoooww its awesome, btw mien is still in the crate and will be delivered next week. Well then I have questions to our great members;
- Antifreeze or not, I have no problem riding in the cold except on ice or snow HA

Any other tip and tricks for newbies... maybe I missed a previous post. Sorry for my anxiousness lol

Cheers,
Gerhard
Ya im waiting for my red one from larson cycle in camebridge mn for 7600

·
Registered
4,424 Posts

Cheers,
Gerhard
Way to go on the new bike.

- Motoman break-in here. RIde it like you stole it.
Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power
- Oil Yamalube cheap shit, 250 mile change, then Maxima SYN Blend at 1,000
- Anti Freeze through the winter, then Engine Ice after that if someone comes up with an aftermarket fix for the thermostat.
- Some say that the Service Manual is not out. If you need details from it, I can get that information in digital form for you in the meanwhile.
- Don't know what a runthrough with an expert Yamaha mechanic is, I feel somewhat capable.
- I put an LG A/C - Heat window unit in my shed, garage stays warm enough, but Tennessee does not have extreme temperatures.

Let us know if we can help in any way.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Congrats on the bike, Gerhard! Supposedly, I was the first in the state (MN) to get one. Back on October 10th, I picked up a Liquid Graphite model from MotoPrimo (in Lakeville). They had the only one available at the time -- and I felt the riding season slipping away... I had talked with other dealerships (Larson included) but none of them could make any promises on when they would even see one. The bike is AWESOME!

-Brian-

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all replies... :)
Awesome to have this medium, right Guys!!

BTW have you read the "clogged injector" issue Yamaha has in the latest Motorcycle News Dec 2013 edition on page 13 (middle left)? Even in the most modest B mode you felt a strong jerk with little throttler opening. I will make sure my FZ-09 does not jerk under the B mode as suggested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts