Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site but not to motorcycling. Started riding in the 1960's on dirt bikes in So Cal.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts on the FZ09.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Welcome to the forum. So you don't have a FZ 09 but are considering it? What is your current/last bike, riding style etc?

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Did you buy one yet or are you still thinking about it?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Thoughts? My thought is that I shouldn't be here working I should be out doin' wheelies and generally terrorizing my neighborhood. Seriously, it is a lot of fun on two wheels. And I've had quite a few bikes to compare it to. Good luck. Happy shopping!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Belated welcome... :) The FZ is the most nimble, responsive, most fun bike i've ever had. Consider it a hyper-motard for all intents and purposes... without the ground clearance... It's simply a blast to drive. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, been busy, etc...
Originally from So Cal, moved to the upstate SC in 1996.
Also have a house in N. GA in a town called Suches.

Yes, I am considering the Fizzer Ought 9. Here's why.
I currently ride an '03 Tuono. I bought it with Dymag CF wheels, Ohlins R&T shock, and Ohlins fork valves.
Love how light it is and I ride it fairly hard. But the crank inertia is a bummer.
Now I'm slow in and fast out anyway, so it works out pretty well but still it carries too much inertia going in.
I'm old, and fat, probably ugly too but according to my mom I'm still handsome and my wife keeps me around.
16 Grand kids and probably not too far away from great grand children.
I did some AMA Superbike test rider duties many years ago. My ex would not let me race, and honestly I was too tall and heavy (6'2" and 190) to be competitive, same thing in MX.

Have a few bikes currently:
'84 GPz750,
'02 Mille R, (Ex track bike, was terribly neglected\abused, etc..., big bore kit, R models came with Ohlins and Brembo kit, 100% nicely restored to street use)
'03 Tuono,
'04 GSX-R750 (Ex race bike - Vesrah Built motor, Penske Triple Click Shock, Factory Pro case savers, Vortex adj rearsets)
'06 ZX-14,
'08 C14.
Have an old Virago 920 that someone gave me. It will make a nice DIY portable generator\welder.
My wife has an '03 YZF 600R and an '02 Ninja 250 that is begging for an RD350LC transplant.

I'm looking to sell the '08 Connie and the GSX-R750.
My wife is pretty easy going but thinks I should sell 3 bikes before I buy another.
The Connie has an '08 ZX-14 header and dual Area-P SS slipons (all the catalyst from the head pipe accidentally fell out when I was sticking it on), Audiovox cruise control, heated grips and a PC5.
Has about 30k miles on it and runs pretty strong. New PR4 on the front and a PR3 on the rear and some kind of aftermarket windscreen.
I'm not going to be any more long distance riding so it's an obvious choice, also the Gixxer is far too dangerous for me and my slowing reactions to ride. I'll forget that I'm not on a Rotax V twin and power out too early, at which point it will spin up and launch me off.
The old GPz needs a new lower case, the guy I bought it from cracked the counter shaft sprocket bearing race. I'll sell it after it's 100% restored it and I've lost enough money on it.

Think that's about it.
Thanks for letting me hang out and learn from you all.

·
Super Moderator
4,340 Posts
Welcome Jack. After you sell the Connie, you could always press the ZX14 into service if you get a hankering for the Maritimes.
Your place in Suches...south or north of 180?

~fish

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome Jack. After you sell the Connie, you could always press the ZX14 into service if you get a hankering for the Maritimes.
Your place in Suches...south or north of 180?

~fish
On 180, right at the 4 mile marker coming from TWO.
I'm thinking about going with the SW Motech, they're quick to remove and look pretty clean.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Welcome to the Show, Jack!
Upon purchase...we shall welcome you to The MACHINE!!! :dontknow:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the Show, Jack!
Upon purchase...we shall welcome you to The MACHINE!!! :dontknow:
Thanks, I'll be a lurker until then.
However, after reading the shock upgrade\swap thread I may have to jump on sooner rather than later. :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts