Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Glad to be here. Just bought a 2020 MT09 (mostly stock except for short levers, heated grips and a Puig windscreen) with 3K miles. Going to be my 'mountain strafer' for shorter rides (other bikes for distance), and looking forward to learning from folks here.

First questions will probably be about flashing the ECU, since I did that to my FZ1 and it was night and day afterwards.

Larry

·
Administrator
3,316 Posts
Hello,

Glad to be here. Just bought a 2020 MT09 (mostly stock except for short levers, heated grips and a Puig windscreen) with 3K miles. Going to be my 'mountain strafer' for shorter rides (other bikes for distance), and looking forward to learning from folks here.

First questions will probably be about flashing the ECU, since I did that to my FZ1 and it was night and day afterwards.

Larry
Welcome Larry.
Check out the vendor section of the site here, and check out the thousands of posts on ECU flashes we have. (The search function is very useful.)
Also, see how far you are from our annual meet up that's going to be coming in June.

·
Vendor
1,994 Posts
Hello,

Larry
welcome and congrats on the new bike!!

I have the best flash in the business for the CP3 motor. There is a ton if info on my site check out the links and let me know what questions you have

2014-2020 MT/FZ/FJ-09/XSR900/GT 900 tracer custom flash (vcyclenut.com)

ordering information - FLASHED BY VCYCLENUT

flash Information sheet to send in with your ecu - FLASHED BY VCYCLENUT

fz09 ecu removal/ air box mod - FLASHED BY VCYCLENUT

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
welcome and congrats on the new bike!!

I have the best flash in the business for the CP3 motor. There is a ton if info on my site check out the links and let me know what questions you have

2014-2020 MT/FZ/FJ-09/XSR900/GT 900 tracer custom flash (vcyclenut.com)

ordering information - FLASHED BY VCYCLENUT

flash Information sheet to send in with your ecu - FLASHED BY VCYCLENUT

fz09 ecu removal/ air box mod - FLASHED BY VCYCLENUT

Hah, you're the guy who did the flash on my FZ1,and it's fabulous! I'm checking our your website looking for tech to buy your flash and flash the ECU myself now.

Thanks,
Larry

·
Vendor
1,994 Posts
Hah, you're the guy who did the flash on my FZ1,and it's fabulous! I'm checking our your website looking for tech to buy your flash and flash the ECU myself now.

Thanks,
Larry

awesome!!

to get my flash you need to send me the ecu, the flashing kits do not come with my flash file

·
Registered
666 Posts
We're outside Crossville-basically about midway on a line between Nashville (2 hours) and Knoxville (1 1/2 hours) on about 16 1/2 acres on a dead end road.

Not that I'm anti-social. :)

Larry
Larry - welcome aboard. I have a good friend in Monterey, not far from you. Some nice roads you got and decent bass fishing. Happy Thanksgiving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts