Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Been poking around lurking for a few days, went ahead and joined the fun.

To begin I just made the transition from dirtbike/quads to street, literally just traded my 12' kx450 in on this FZ09.
My first thoughts, why in the Hello did I not do this years back! Man I am hooked, NC turned its back on off-road riding years ago. Its illegal to even unload your dirtbike in most places. Now I am free to ride, its amazing.

I bought the 15' yellow edition FZ, just in the breaking in stage. Man this forum has tons of members and active threads. Very happy to have found it.
Can't wait to see where I go from here, I haven't been this excited in awhile about something!

For now, yall have a good one!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome aboard Swiftly! :D There are so many of us amazed with this machine/engine as you already know... glad you found your way! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your new yellow jacket. Nice climate down there. You should have lots of excellent rides ahead.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Strike.

I'm also a new member here with a '15 silver '09, nearing the end of break in. I posted my introduction last week. It was VERY hard for me to choose between your color and the silver. Members here are much more interested in being civil and helpful than bickering. Advice, reports, updates are all here and more being posted each day. Welcome aboard. If you get near Asheville, let me know.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Strike.

I'm also a new member here with a '15 silver '09, nearing the end of break in. I posted my introduction last week. It was VERY hard for me to choose between your color and the silver. Members here are much more interested in being civil and helpful than bickering. Advice, reports, updates are all here and more being posted each day. Welcome aboard. If you get near Asheville, let me know.
Welcome! I agree that most everyone here is great and will go way out of their way to help without any kind of condescension. There are a couple of members who tend to push each other's buttons, sometimes in fun and sometimes not. There is an ignore list feature but you probably won't ever need to use it. It's really like a big family.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Strike.

Man, all the way up to the point of signing names I was buying the silver 9er with the blue rims. I had my son with me whos 6 and he kept saying he though the blue looked purple. He wanted the yellow because it reminded him of Bumblebee transformer thing. Either color was awesome, I though those wheels on the silver were awesome! I live in Morganton actually, very close to Asheville.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm trying to find a time slot for a day trip up I-26 and take 19 E towards Burnsville to finish my break in. I hear there's an 09 "meet" up there coming soon? Not sure I can attend but definitely hoping to stop by. If you want, consider coming West to Asheville, go North on 26 with me and then East on 19. At the end of the run you could go South to Morganton. Just a thought,……….. :)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Man, all the way up to the point of signing names I was buying the silver 9er with the blue rims. I had my son with me whos 6 and he kept saying he though the blue looked purple. He wanted the yellow because it reminded him of Bumblebee transformer thing. Either color was awesome, I though those wheels on the silver were awesome! I live in Morganton actually, very close to Asheville.
Your son is right, they are purple (here comes the pain). You picked the right color, the forks even look good with the yellow FZ.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live in Greenville, NC. Really hoping to get to the mountains this year, I bought my 2015 silver fz January 1st and so far I've put 5200 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Welcome to the Machine, brother!
Fun, fun, fun!
Cheers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts