Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there! I went to the dealership Saturday to sit on (and subsequently fall in love with) the FZ-09. I want Red and they only had Graphite, so dealer is hunting one down for me.

I joined mostly to get opinions on after market exhaust and to see how everyone likes theirs.

I've been riding for about 9 years. So far my favorite bike has been the FZ6R, so I think the 09 is going to be perfect for me. Picture of my Raven FZ6R below.

I will post pictures as soon as I get my baby. It's a little too cold for this Texan to be riding by choice, so hopefully our Texan winter will return soon. :)

Raven FZ6R.jpg

·
Registered
699 Posts
Welcome to the site! I am up in Cedar Park! Nice to know that there is another Texan here that is freezing!

·
Vendor
2,315 Posts
Ahoy hoy!

Now when you say "a little too cold", what does that mean, exactly? 10,20,30*?

Oh, and you are guaranteed to love the niner.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Welcome! I'm in Austin also.. You will love this bike! I'm hoping the weather will be back to normal soon as well.. Luckily my headlight is being retro-fitted as we speak so the weathers not the only thing keeping me from riding :D

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Welcome Heather. Can't help you with exhaust....I won't be buying mine until the springtime, after I get all of the suspension stuff sorted out.

Reactions: Niner

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll love the 09. I'm outta Waco and this is the crazies Texas winter I can remember. It's like Chicago here WTF.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll love the 09. I'm outta Waco and this is the crazies Texas winter I can remember. It's like Chicago here WTF.
Hey Duc........always wondered.........do you pronounce that.... wayco or wacko? :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She's heeeeeere!!! I picked it up from a dealership about an hour away. We've got 20-30 mph gusts of wind that would have been head plus a little side wind. :( So we loaded it up on my dad's trailer and he hauled it to my place for me.

Tomorrow is supposed to be really nice, so plan to hit the hill country in the afternoon.

First impression: It's super comfortable. I feel like I sit up high, but it doesn't feel top heavy. I only got to ride it for a few miles on the highway and then into my parking garage, so not sure how it's going to feel on hill country roads. Can't wait to find out!

FZ09.1.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Congrats on getting the bike.......you're going to absolutely love it. Make sure that you set aside some money for a full set of riding gear.........boots, leather pants, leather gloves, etc.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Great bike, I love mine. But be careful please. This is a serious ride. I have crashed two bikes, both my fault. Despite the song title , It is possible to have too much fun.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Heather, my wife and I are riding through the Ozarks on our way to Austin for the MotoGP in April. We have friends that live in Austin and ride. Can't wait to see the track.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Heather, my wife and I are riding through the Ozarks on our way to Austin for the MotoGP in April. We have friends that live in Austin and ride. Can't wait to see the track.
The track is fun for sure, but it's really just the cherry on top of the Fun Sundae that is Austin. You'll love it here!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts