Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A non-electronologist, I'd be grateful to get some help on this - 2020 SP. I know that under the lhs (clutch) side faux 'air-intake' cover there are some grey-coloured terminals, and maybe one or more of those may be used. I have no electrical equipment other than a very simple lamp-type indicator of current flowing. The LEDs have three (3) wires - red, black, yellow. I don't need to use a switch and assume this means that the LEDs would be on when ever the ignition is on - that's OK by me. Any simple guidance for a simple Bloke will be appreciated! TIA... 💡

·
Registered
745 Posts
Best advice I can give is get a proper volt meter. You need to be certain which wires are positive/negative so you don't fry shit. Once you have one, you will also be able to test which wires are on with ign on and and which is turn signal only.

Here's my recommendation: Yamaha made blinkers. Available for front and back.

Yamaha Part Numbers:
YME-FLB2R-00-00
YME-FLB2F-00-00

I'll let you figure out which ones are for Front and Rear... :unsure: :geek: :sneaky:

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Ive got a 17, assuming 20 is the same.
Its got 3 spare accessorie circuits, one for the grip warmers, and 2 x auxiliaries.
You will be able to connect to one of the auxiliaries. Isnt that how you connected your spot lights?
Are the leds 2 colours (amber/white) or single colour?
If its dual colour, the red/yellow is lositive for each colour.
If its single colour, the yellow is probably the programming wire for different flash patterns.
On my 2014 i put white strip LEDs (jaycar) in the fake scoops as drls.
On my 17 i have emegency vehicle strobe lights in the fake scoops as indicators. The third wire is to program them between different flashes. Or constant on.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
MTsRUs - I've installed - rather easy - just need the right plug connectors.
Let me know what bits you've got

Thanks James - will do. Busy week this week, B-I-G wedding anniversary coming up so wife needs plenty of my time and attention for the next several days! :love:

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
how'd they go?
I had spots but they died (cheap chinesium) and considering the scoop LEDs

MTsRUs - Ive installed - rather easy - just need the right plug connectors.
Let me know what bits youve got
The jaycar flexible strips worked well. My bro recognised me in his rear view mirror becasue of them once or twice when we saw each other in traffic.
I am currently using 4led emergeny amber strobe lights and indicators. I reckon you could find them in white as well. They'd make great DRLs in the scoops

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Always happy to try and help out fellow inmates, so you may like to look into these small LEDs from Victorian supplier THIRD GEAR - I have used them a lot over the years and they are a good mob to deal with. I'm sure that all these little LEDs come out of one factory in China, just sold under different - or no - brand names!

James - best of British with the move and much joy in the new house!

Camera accessory Cameras & optics Lens Auto part Plastic

Or....

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Font

1 - 8 of 8 Posts