Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had the 2021 mt-09 for about a week now, love it btw, and thinking about what upgrades I want to put on.

what exhaust is the most money-worthy option?

what bar end mirror looks the best?

Maby a debadge?

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Does anyone other than Akra even make a pipe for a 2021? Being that it's a brand new bike for 2021 and you're pretty well one of the first guys to receive it, I don't think you'll be getting a whole lot of options fresh out of the gate.

I vote you figure out a way to lower the headlight to make the thing look meaner!

Also, post a PIC!

·
Registered
'21 Yamaha MT-09
163 Posts
I'd wait at least 3-6 months before buying anything. A newly revised model is going to require the aftermarket industry to get hands on time with the bike to design custom parts, so there will be some lag time before we start seeing options. Not to mention the current shortage of raw materials and shipping delays others have talked about...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone other than Akra even make a pipe for a 2021? Being that it's a brand new bike for 2021 and you're pretty well one of the first guys to receive it, I don't think you'll be getting a whole lot of options fresh out of the gate.

I vote you figure out a way to lower the headlight to make the thing look meaner!

Also, post a PIC!
as requested, but didn’t have great pics in folder. Many tomorrow.

pics from the garage, mt-09 2021, xsr 2016 and Ducati monster 800 2003.

·
Registered
550 Posts
as requested, but didn’t have great pics in folder. Many tomorrow.

pics from the garage, mt-09 2021, xsr 2016 and Ducati monster 800 2003.

View attachment 164191 View attachment 164192
Heavens what a garage! Solid collection sir! And always remember no matter what, it’s YOUR bike. You can do whatever you choose to do to it. But please...don’t stretch it

·
Registered
287 Posts
I really like M4 exhaust on my 2018, it hits all kind of right tones. Bar end mirrors, I think Risoma cannot be beat, I have them on my Ducati Scrambler. Mostly, curious to see what do you come up with!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Also, post a PIC!
here are som more pics. So far I’ve put on a tail tidy, might shorten it later but I need new tiny tail indicators first, (need the opportunity to use sidebags)

I also took of all the stickers but the badge so far, think I want to replace the badge with something else, any suggestions?
Also added my gps, garmin zumo.

·
Registered
57 Posts
nice mirrors and seat cut, what brands is it?
Great luck with the new addition,it's beautiful........even the headlight!!....... the mirrors are low budget Amazon mirrors and it's a stock 2018 seat with the addition of a Pyramid Plastics rear cowl.

·
Registered
419 Posts
hooligan stickers makes a variety of black out stickers for the Yamaha badges.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hooligan stickers makes a variety of black out stickers for the Yamaha badges.

tanks my dude, ordered a black out sticker, perfect. Will take a while thou, snail mail shipping to Sweden. ;) like over a month. Still. Will be good!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great luck with the new addition,it's beautiful........even the headlight!!....... the mirrors are low budget Amazon mirrors and it's a stock 2018 seat with the addition of a Pyramid Plastics rear cowl.
actually, the headlight was not to my liking in all the pics. But it is WAY less awkward in person. And now after a week... I starting to really like it. And it’s BRIGHT! Thinking of cleaning it up a little thou with a flyscreen, later, when there’s more options..

·
Registered
389 Posts
On my previous '17 model MT09 I replaced the OEM with Yamaha accessories tail tidy and all the water was on my back and rear seat. Put back the original and it was OK

·
Registered
550 Posts
Any thoughts on bar end mirrors? I really love my m.gadget glassless mirrors. Pricey but beautiful

1 - 18 of 18 Posts