Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In all my surfing I ran across a guy showing some mods and he had deleted passenger pegs and kept fluid reservoir in same location with some sort of plate. Can't find it now.

Won't be taking a passenger on this bike. Anyone know where I can get part to relocate fluid reservoir as clean as possible? Thanks!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I used nick's relocation for the reservoir and although more involved than I thought it would be, I am happy with it. For those of you considering this, be careful. The Allen bolts attaching the passenger pegs have blue locktite on them. A little heat applied prior to removal will make this easier. No big deal but I stripped one of them ( yes, I had the correct sized Allen) and ended up cutting it out with Dremel and easy out. It turned a five minute job into an hour, what a mess. I think some of the fellows assembling these things in japan have over torqued some of the fasteners badly.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
I use that method on my track bike's rear brake, but then again, I rarely use the rear brake. It makes for a clean install, but honestly, I would rather use the Stoltec relocate method on my street bike (FZ09).

Reactions: Brvt1000

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I like this, I do... But I don't see the need to buy a kit, this seems like an easy DIY job. I think I'm all over this!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For the rear reservoir, the cleanest way I knwo to do this is with the HRC part...

https://www.google.com/search?q=hrc...2F%2Fwww.rogueracing.org%2Frearmc.htm;650;429

I bought mine here..too expensive, but the plastic bags do say HRC on them. It works great, btu you do have to add fluid more often.

HRC Rear Brake Reservoir Kit - Tyga Performance
Thank you. But, um, just a bracket thingy to hold it in same approximate spot, without the passenger pegs. Thanks!…….:cool:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just removed the pegs and used the upper mount hole with original nut and bracket. Can see it here. Works.

IMAG0780.jpg

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
416 Posts
I did the same thing.
I posted this on my phone and didn't realize what you posted here, lol. What stock bracket are you using? The bracket that came on my bike is part of the rear peg. I just used a bolt and bolted the reservoir there, didn't use any brackets at all.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I bought the R&G block off plates. The cost made my head spin, but as time passed (like having a baby) I have forgotten the cost and love the look.

·
Registered
14 Posts
These are the ones I decided to use. Only $20 for polished and $25 for anodized black. The black was out of stock, so I ordered polished and used black Plasti Dip. The price was right and I received them in less than a week. They fit perfect.
Yamaha FZ-09 Rear Passenger Peg Delete ? Cycle Heap
IMG_1522.jpg IMG_1523.jpg

Reactions: Kyler

·
Registered
400 Posts
I just mounted mine to the stock peg location... Didnt see any reason to spend any money on a bracket when that worked just fine.

0517151603.jpg

·
Registered
91 Posts
These are the ones I decided to use. Only $20 for polished and $25 for anodized black. The black was out of stock, so I ordered polished and used black Plasti Dip. The price was right and I received them in less than a week. They fit perfect.
Yamaha FZ-09 Rear Passenger Peg Delete ? Cycle Heap
[iurl="http://www.fz09.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=16731&d=1479856131"]
[/iurl][iurl="http://www.fz09.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=16732&d=1479856131"]
[/iurl]
Hi! I clicked on your link but it's broken. Can u repost? Ty!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts