Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding home today and go around a turn and notice my bars are all loose. Get home and find this... So, do I need to order a whole new clamp or....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
No worries if it's still under warranty. No doubt your Stealership will want to go the extra mile for you....

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I don't get is that mine is not like the diagram. You follow me?

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
What's not like the diagram?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did you undo a nut from that left side? Or are you straight up missing the whole stud and nut?

If you have the stud, I'd reseat it with some Loctite, and do the other side for good measure. If you are missing it, I'd try and follow up with a dealership. Like it was m.i.a. from factory and the right hand side eventually loosened from all that disciplined action on one mounting point.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you undo a nut from that left side? Or are you straight up missing the whole stud and nut?

If you have the stud, I'd reseat it with some Loctite, and do the other side for good measure. If you are missing it, I'd try and follow up with a dealership. Like it was m.i.a. from factory and the right hand side eventually loosened from all that disciplined action on one mounting point.
Straight up missing lol. I couldn't believe it. I went to ace and got a m10x1.25 bolt. It's not going anywhere now .

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Straight up missing lol. I couldn't believe it. I went to ace and got a m10x1.25 bolt. It's not going anywhere now .
so the clamp is threaded and the stud's missing, as opposed to broken off? i'd assumed that it was either one piece, or pressed in.

definitely bring this to your dealer's attention.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Missing completely

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
new addition to pre-ride checklist: pull up on handlebars

i check the torque on the fasteners in safety critical areas every two weeks or so (triple clamp and handlebar bolts, axle pinch bolt, brake caliper bolts, etc.). only takes a few minutes. yesterday i found one of the four handlebar clamp bolts had loosened.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Amen guys. I was just glad I noticed it and limped the last mile or two home... Imagine coming down from a wheelie and that coming completely loose. I'm very lucky.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
What color is the bike? I hear those Red ones have LOOSENUTS. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Amen guys. I was just glad I noticed it and limped the last mile or two home... Imagine coming down from a wheelie and that coming completely loose. I'm very lucky.

WHOA, just imagining what you just said happening made my heart drop tot the floor. Glad you are okay though, I'll hope you have it all sorted out.

Reactions: 520FZ09

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Dude this bike has tried to kill you on multiple occasions.

I'd sell it and buy a can am haha

·
Registered
420 Posts
So how many miles did you have when this happened? I'm not sure if a stud from ACE hardware is sufficient for this critical application. I recommend a little research of the ARP website.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts