Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's amazing what a fly screen and LED turn signals can do for the FZ's looks. The FZ should have come with a screen from the factory, guess they had to make money on it somehow.
motorcycle 001.jpg
motorcycle 012.jpg
motorcycle 009.jpg

And a comparo to one of my old Street Trip R's. I always hated the stock exhaust on it. I think the FZ looks way better in every respect than the STR.
bikepics-2410902-800[1].jpg

And compared to last years winter project. The Kawi will go up for sale in the spring.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.
motorcycle 008.jpg

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amazing how much more complete the front end looks with that screen. Also I really like that Kawasaki, is that a wrap on the headlight shroud?
Agree.

Thanks, yes, 3m dinoc-cf look, on the stock headlight from my BMW G650 XMOTO.

Kawi started out like this. I bought it wrecked with 357 miles on it. Put a ZX6R front end and Penske shock on it. Fun little bike, love those Kawi parallel twins.
motorcycle 001.jpg
motorcycle 002.jpg

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Which screen is that? is that the ERMAX 35?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
compared to the FZ-09 the STR looks anorexic...lol still a good looking bike

·
Registered
206 Posts
Nice.

what turn signals did you end up using?
were you able to retain the running light feature on the front (3 wire?)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I really like that screen. Best looking one imo. How is the wind protection with it? I mainly just want to it take some off my chest and something to tuck behind at higher speeds.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really like that screen. Best looking one imo. How is the wind protection with it? I mainly just want to it take some off my chest and something to tuck behind at higher speeds.
I agree it's the best looking fly screen available, that's the only reason I bought it. Hated the front end looking unfinished. Only had one short ride with it on, def directs the air up to the helmet area, but may cause some buffeting. Wont know for sure until I get a longer ride in, as it was a very windy day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts