Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 475 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a proud 50. Do you think this is a younger fellows bike if i had to lean my gut over the tank to reach the bars then yes but since you sit upward no. Besides just ride what you like i was getting bored riding with the sheeples (all bikes look the same). I don't mind saying i don't look 50 either trust me i hear it all the time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am a proud 50. Do you think this is a younger fellows bike if i had to lean my gut over the tank to reach the bars then yes but since you sit upward no. Besides just ride what you like i was getting bored riding with the sheeples (all bikes look the same). I don't mind saying i don't look 50 either trust me i hear it all the time.
50 here too. I think the youngsters still want the sportbikes. I have a 21 yo stepson who has never ridden a streetbike before but is experienced with dirtbikes. The only thing he is interested in is a 600 sportbike. I've tried to interest him in a SV650, Ninja 300, motard, dual sport, but it's all about the looks of a sportbike.......none of the others are cool enough!! I think our age group will buy most of these bikes......

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
I'm fixin to be 59 in a few months and looking forward to the more upright riding position for non track useage. I still love my 600RR for the track though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I feel like a little kid in this group, I am a young 22. I have had many sportbikes and track/race bikes. I feel this is the perfect bike for riding on the streets.

·
Registered
552 Posts
64, don't look my age but feel it in the morning. lol

Reactions: JM123 and DNFDOUG

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
I feel like a little kid in this group, I am a young 22. I have had many sportbikes and track/race bikes. I feel this is the perfect bike for riding on the streets.
You ARE a kid in this group! I've got underwear and socks older than you. :cool:

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I admit, I'm surprised that there aren't more younger guys on here yet. But you old farts recognize a good bike when you see one right? :p

22 years old here as well.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Turning 38 on Sunday. If I do pick one up, it'll be my birthday gift to me :) First bike, too.
Well congrates new rider new bike awesome i hope you took an MSF COARSE it is very well worth it. I do wish they made it mandatory at least here in NY

Reactions: nickv09

·
Registered
16 Posts
25 and still young lol. This will be my second bike my first was a 09 zx-6r and loved it. The fz-09 has had my eye since I first saw it and I can't wait just like the rest of you guys.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Well congrates new rider new bike awesome i hope you took an MSF COARSE it is very well worth it. I do wish they made it mandatory at least here in NY
Thanks, I am scheduled for the Oct 10-12 weekend for just that. :) In Ohio you don't have to take the skills test if you take the course, and USAF training taught me that training is always the way to go. I plan on taking all the courses as I become eligible.

1 - 20 of 475 Posts