Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed the OES front and rear frame sliders, fork sliders, and rear spools. The two frame sliders are fairly close together and I'm trying to figure out what each one individually protects and what I risk if I I low side without a specific component installed.
Front frame sliders protect x
Rear frame slider protect y
fork sliders protect z

What sliders am I missing and what do they protect o
Case slider
stator slider
Bar ends

Sliders.jpg

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Like I tell my teenage sons......There's No such thing as too much protection. :)

I also have the Complete Set from OES. Outstanding. :eagerness:

·
Registered
464 Posts
let me ask you this because idk if its just me, but do the front frame sliders look uneven on your bike? i feel like when i look at my bike the left side (brake) slider sticks out further than the right side (clutch) slider, i know they are installed correctly because one of the sliders won't fit right if swapped.

also to answer your question the front sliders are supposed to protect the radiator/engine while the rear frame sliders are supposed to protect the tank better.
fork sliders are to obviously protect the forks, along with the brakes/calipers., the swing arm spools/rear axle slider protects the swing arm.

pretty much everything is as protected as far as sliders are concerned

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
let me ask you this because idk if its just me, but do the front frame sliders look uneven on your bike? i feel like when i look at my bike the left side (brake) slider sticks out further than the right side (clutch) slider, i know they are installed correctly because one of the sliders won't fit right if swapped.
You installed the sliders correctly. The brake side sticks out further than the clutch side...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts