Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
I found a great little bag years ago...don't remember the brand. It has a couple pockets on the front strap perfect for garage door opener and toll fast pass. I usually keep the pack empty...fill it if I find something special at my destination.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I usually have a rather large backpack for work, but i have a smaller one for day trips. I keep some glass cleaner and a multi tool screw driver with a bunch of bits and metric hex. If i go any distance i bring water and snacks.

Reactions: jmcghee41

·
Registered
554 Posts
I've got a Timbuktu messenger bag and recently got a tail bag for the fz-09. Only use them when needed but I've had the tail bag on the bike for the last few days and I'm kind of starting to like it there. It came in handy yesterday when I needed to bring some stuff home from work.

Daniel

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I've got a Timbuktu messenger bag and recently got a tail bag for the fz-09. Only use them when needed but I've had the tail bag on the bike for the last few days and I'm kind of starting to like it there. It came in handy yesterday when I needed to bring some stuff home from work.

Daniel
Have you posted pics? I'm feeling the need for some cargo sometime.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I did somewhere a while back but here are a few more. This is a cortech 2.0 24l bag. It's a decently big bag but still plenty of room for me. I snap it on thru the passenger strap on the seat and then under the tail light. Goes on/off in seconds and no straps dangling anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Nice! Thanks i will have to check into that. It looks like it attaches easily. I'm just not interested in any crazy attachment array.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I carry a backpack all the time. What I carry totally depends where I'm going.

This is the pack I have, not the biggest but does the job most days.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have a ICON backpack which converts to a magnetic tank bag dual purpose awesome.

Reactions: jmcghee41

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I just use a laptop backpack that came with my Asus laptop, actually. For most things it's fine. When I need something bigger, I have a black/orange backpack I picked up off-base while at Incirlik AB in Turkey.

I'm looking at the Icon hi-vis orange/black backpack, it's quite small inside, but great for carrying a small laptop or tablet with a few extras, like water.

I always carry water everywhere I go, maybe some snacks (mostly veggies, or some organic local stuff in packages). I like to have a tablet/Kindle with me everywhere, too. And whatever magazines I might be currently reading.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I rarely carry a backpack on a bike anymore - mostly because I don't like the windblast from the semi's to push on it. I always mount a top box with backrest for carrying my daughter, so sometimes I put the stuff in there - sometimes I leave the box off and strap my bag to the back seat or rack...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Anybody know of a tank bag (preferably a non-magnetic one) that converts to a backpack?

It would be nice to not have to wear a backpack while riding, but be able to take a tank bag with you when you reach your destination and not have to carry it around by a handle.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I do have a backpack from AlpineStars but, I think no backpack is much better. Spend $10 on Rok straps and you can pretty much tie any bag to your passenger seat.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i bought an Astars roving backpack last year - fits my lunch, pair of shoes and my wallet & keys for commuting or a change of clothes if i'm headed somewhere for the day. Also has easy access pouch that i put an 10,000mha external battery in to charge my SENA SMH10r headset if it needs some juice.

Alpinestars Roving Backpack - RevZilla

Nothing crazy but gets the job done. I have a bigger Dakine bag i use for longer excursions that i can also fit a blatter pack into.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey guys!! Check out the Osprey Momentum series. Has a protected internal sleeve for your laptop, reflective accents, enough storage for commuting, and a cool integrated high-viz rain cover if you get caught out.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I have a few I alternate between... One for carrying my laptop / tablet / DSLR, one for carrying clothes, water, extra visor and snacks. and for shorter trips when I don't need allot to carry with me I will use RUNNER carry-all.

https://gorunnur.com/

because of the posture on the FZ-09 this carry-all never gets in the way and is very light.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I use a motocentric mototrek. I chose it because it's a helmet carrying solution and is pretty low profile (the helmet bag part tucks away). I give my son 5 mile rides to/from middle-school on the bike and need a way to transport the helmet.
It's too small to hold my 17" work laptop... it might do a slim 15" though.

motocentric mototrek.JPG

Sells for $70 here:
https://www.denniskirk.com/motocentric/mototrek-backpack.508298.prd/508298.sku

1 - 20 of 53 Posts