Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The '07 looks like a blast, but is it too similar to it's Big Brother....???

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
My wife has a Red one on order....hopefully this weekend it will be in. I am in charge of the break in though....so Motoman method, here I come.

Reactions: v2Bob and Steve101

·
Registered
883 Posts
Calling it a 'plan' is a stretch, but I am considering the FZ-07. However, my daughter would be the primary rider. Simply for my own purposes, I would probably not purchase and own both at the same time.

·
Registered
141 Posts
And I didn't actually answer the question. It's a totally different bike to the 9 - throttle response and feel, riding position, feel while cruising along, engine note and character. The only thing it really shares with big bro is value and the fact they are both massive fun to ride.

Sent via Tapatalk.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Might trade in the FZ6R for a 7 later on. -80 lbs will be better for my wife. Or subce my wife is about done with school and we might end up doing more weekend long trip, good old FJR is tempting.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Fz7 is a terrible ride, adter riding fz09, its just weak, my buddy has one, i got to ride it.. Not impressed.. Just my opinion

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The price is way too close to the 09 for me, but I can see this being a killer first bike for many people.
I tend to agree, but, for $7k, what's your ideal FZ09 Stablemate.....???!

·
Registered
877 Posts
The '07 looks like a blast, but is it too similar to it's Big Brother....???
There is enough difference for it to interest me into another Skunk Werkz project, which is well underway.

Not every bike has be the fastest in The Stable, and there are others in the inventory much faster than the FZ 09.

Reactions: CD599 and Steve101

·
Registered
438 Posts
No but I do plan to get a commuter bike that gets 70mpg and can safely handle baltimore area highway speeds. Just haven't found that bike yet.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No but I do plan to get a commuter bike that gets 70mpg and can safely handle baltimore area highway speeds. Just haven't found that bike yet.
FZ-07 and/or Ninja 300 or 650....???

From where I sit, Est MPG shouldn't be a deal breaker, IMHO

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I'd like a WR450 supermoto too, but I've costed out the bike and good quality components, and Im at $10k for a well set up bike. $3.5k of that for the conversion.

I could do it cheaper, but I'd be disappointed with the compromises.

If the 07 had arrived at the same time as the 09, I'd have the 07 instead. However, I'm not willing to take a loss on both bikes, to own one of them, at this point.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
To get 70 mpg you'll probably have to go with 500cc or less. Still fun, just not as much fun as the 09. If i didn't already have the 09, i'd be all over the 07. My 500 Ninja has turned into the commuter bike, mostly for it's wind protection.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'd like a WR450 supermoto too, but I've costed out the bike and good quality components, and Im at $10k for a well set up bike. $3.5k of that for the conversion.

I could do it cheaper, but I'd be disappointed with the compromises.

If the 07 had arrived at the same time as the 09, I'd have the 07 instead. However, I'm not willing to take a loss on both bikes, to own one of them, at this point.

I've done the same thing and came out with the same-ish end price. I'm hoping to snag a used 2012 in good condition in a few years and piecing it together :)

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Reactions: Evil Mechanic
1 - 20 of 24 Posts