Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went shopping for an 09 early July, and one dealership I went to said they were expecting 6 at the end of the month; two of each color. I put a refundable deposit down, and have been waiting since. All they can say is that Yamaha told them "around the end of July". Anyone here have much experience with these deliveries? I don't have a huge problem waiting, but I'm not sure if the deliveries are generally on time, or can swing a month late or what?

Really I'm just antsy and am looking for reassurance that it'll be here very soon :eagerness:.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Shipping and dealer delivery is somewhat dependent on where you are located, but in my experience they're generally on time. I'm sure your dealer could probably narrow down the delivery date for you as we get closer to the latter half of the month. They generally know when their shipments will arrive. Be patient, my friend, this bike is worth waiting for and sometimes the anticipation is part of the journey-kind of like the adult version of Christmas morning...

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Rest assured if you're waiting for a Red one it'll be here soon -- They are known to move a lot faster than the other two :cool:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, there is a red one down the road that has been for sale for a good month now, but I'm trying to hold strong for the blurple wheels!

Good to hear that their estimates are generally pretty accurate. My big concern is that it was supposed to be here around the end of July, and they still have no update or new information. I have described my anxiety as Christmas for kids on multiple occasions now :p. I think that is the perfect analogy.

Reactions: fatfurious2

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Your dealer can go to their Yamaha dealer website and give you an arrival date once they confirm the shipment schedule.

Reactions: dcpppf

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good call triple. Just called the dealership to see if any new word. Said once they ship out they'll get an email from Yamaha and they generally show up within the week. Still no word of them being shipped yet so I've still got more time to wait than I'd like!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I had a deposit on one in SoCal and got tired of waiting, not to mention paying 2 grand extra for the wait.

Was up in the Pacific Northwest area and saw dealers with 6 to 8 on the showroom floor.

So I bought mine in Oregon and saved 2K in the process.

Registration for 4 years was less than for one year in Cali.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had a deposit on one in SoCal and got tired of waiting, not to mention paying 2 grand extra for the wait.

Was up in the Pacific Northwest area and saw dealers with 6 to 8 on the showroom floor.

So I bought mine in Oregon and saved 2K in the process.

Registration for 4 years was less than for one year in Cali.
Must be nice to be able to register it in Oregon while living in California :)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Once you get 7500 miles on it you can register it in California if you want.

·
Registered
349 Posts
View attachment 8436

Spoken from the sloth himself.
Man, that must have been a very long and slow conversation with Mr Sloth... maybe mixed with some ADD. Never take the word of a tree hugger...

Now, Bugatti knows what the fastest color is....
bugatti-veyron-purple-and-black-wallpaper-6gxstcvo.jpg

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Must be nice to be able to register it in Oregon while living in California :)
Yep got a Sis that lives up there.

It's all good until the Poe Poe gives you a bad time cuz you got Oregon plates with a Cali drivers license.

Communist California, what else can I say.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Rest assured if you're waiting for a Red one it'll be here soon -- They are known to move a lot faster than the other two :cool:
Wow, previous unedited commented thought you were commenting on the red bikes "moving faster" out of the dealerships... Thought you were talking sales.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Week later and still no new news. I've been calling around other dealerships in the area and one has said that they've been expecting one for a few weeks now, but still no word of theirs shipping either. Hopefully Yamaha isn't backed up for too much longer!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Take a trip to KY and get one... My local dealer has 2 red ones in Louisville. One in Lexington has a black, 2 reds, and an orange.

I'm hoping to pick one up in the next couple months...wife is on board with it in theory, just not in $$. Have to save up a few more grand to buy it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts