Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a pitbull swing arm stand and I'm very impressed with it. When you put the bike away what determines if you put it on the kick stand or swing arm stand? I hear about how you can get flat spots if the bike sits too long on the back tire I guess. I travel a lot with work so it's not unusual for me to go a week or two without riding. Do you guys swing it up every night or just for the long winter months? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I would always put it on the stand...because I parked it in tight quarters and the stand made it take up a smaller foot print. You don't have to worry about flat spots unless the bike is sitting for months on end

·
Registered
201 Posts
I usually don't them during the winter months and that has not one time in many many years resulted in flat spots. I use the stands for chain adjust etc.. Guess it can't hurt to put it on stand over the winter but a few weeks at a time sitting still happens to many owners without issue. Not sure if it matters or not but I do not run low tire pressure and normally ensure my tires are up to spec.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I ride year round, that is why I am living in California.

I use the stand only when I am doing maintenance.

Reactions: FZ09Jeff

·
Registered
165 Posts
flat spot on the tyre? never noticed one that noticed, on a new or used bike that's sat in a showroom for months or my own bike sat in the garage over 4 months of winter . even if it did a good ride to warm the tyres will sort it out.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I always use the rear stand...

I find time to ride maybe 2x per month, and it takes up less space on the stand. Once the second bike is out of the garage, space won't be so hard to come by...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts