Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Somebody out there has got to take the new 2021 MT to the top. It's a different engine to the pre 2021 09's so it might be a knat's cock quicker or even slower perish the thought.

She's almost ready to be unleashed now she's done a 1k miles, got a nice straight run of road in mind thats 4 miles long nice 'n wide & sheltered from the wind by trees & quiet, it's my own speed camera free personal drag strip. I'll use sat nav plus speedo to gather the results.

Toecutter.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Somebody out there has got to take the new 2021 MT to the top. It's a different engine to the pre 2021 09's so it might be a knat's cock quicker or even slower perish the thought.

She's almost ready to be unleashed now she's done a 1k miles, got a nice straight run of road in mind thats 4 miles long nice 'n wide & sheltered from the wind by trees & quiet, it's my own speed camera free personal drag strip. I'll use sat nav plus speedo to gather the results.

Toecutter.
Here's todays harvest. Gets there so quick, she'll do a true 140 i think, speedo is way off, it was 7MPH out @ 80 & only gets worse as you go quicker, most inaccurate speedo I've ever known or owned.

She handles like a dream after the suspension job, i took a different route to the coast with lots of twisty country lanes, she stops great & is real good fun to ride & playing with the quick shifter up & down the box is...just fab.

Toecutter.
World Font Gadget Screenshot Flat panel display

·
Registered
858 Posts
Here's todays harvest. Gets there so quick, she'll do a true 140 i think, speedo is way off, it was 7MPH out @ 80 & only gets worse as you go quicker, most inaccurate speedo I've ever known or owned.

She handles like a dream after the suspension job, i took a different route to the coast with lots of twisty country lanes, she stops great & is real good fun to ride & playing with the quick shifter up & down the box is...just fab.

Toecutter.
View attachment 167012
I missed something , you got it up to 121 but say it will do 140 ?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
My top speed, not the FZ's, is 110 mph indicated. How quickly I reach it is my rush. I've had faster bikes but none quicker.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
World Sky Font Gadget Display device

Here's my evidence of flat-out-ness. Four mile long straight, tucked in deeper than an Alabama tick on a hogs back seeing what she'd do. Speedo said a whopping 143 so 11 MPH's out eh.

She's been interfered with at the factory, 5th & 6th gear have been restricted, i forgot to notice in all the excitement at what RPM she won't exceed but it's obvious. I'll check it on another test.

It's very good at high speed, went round gentle curves with ease, handled beautifully, i felt very comfortable with it. Gets windy though, felt like someone had lifted a bag of cement off my chest when i slowed down to 80, couldn't do high speeds for long on a naked.

It stuck @ 132 uphill & downhill, didn't alter at all, bit strange, usually a bike will change speed slightly if you go uphill/downhill or enter a bit of a valley or a tunnel where there's less wind.

I was out with my 07 mate, naturally the 09 kicked his bottom or ass if your in the USA. We did lots of rolling starts & blast pasts & straightening out a few roundabouts. The 09 just flicks through roundabouts the 07 not so good.

I nearly bought the 07, it's a very good bike for the dosh but I'm sooo glad i went for the 09.

She's averaging 56.8 MPG, pretty good eh, loosening up nicely i can feel it. Clutch is bedding in, quick shifter is getting slicker & brakes are biting better & that engine is smooth.

Best bike i've ever owned.

Toecutter.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
56 mpg? I never get close to that. What am I doing right?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts