Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so how fast have you been on your 09 or what will yours do flat out? 馃槣

As the 09 is sold globally i believe different countries have different rules & maybe bikes are restricted in some way depending on where you live. So what are your countries rules on power or restrictions?

I've noticed that the speedo is a bit optimistic on my 09, i run the sat nav nearly all the time, speedo said 137 but sat nav said 130 so quite a bit out.

It'll go faster than 130, i reckon a genuine 145 -155. There was quite a bit more to come, all done on a disused airfield of course :coffee:

Toecutter

Registered
I've done 190 km/h while overtaking trucks. I didn't buy an 09 for top speed, our cops have no sense of humour.

Registered
Dunno. Never really looked. Probably no more than 135mph.

Registered
My Speedo said 147 but I do not believe I was going that fast. I鈥檓 sure the Speedo is off at those speeds. 2020 with full yoshimura and tune.
The bike has a spooky shimmy at those speeds and not something I care to do often. Seems like it sets in sometimes in the 120+ range. Maybe it鈥檚 the givi windscreen鈥..not sure why. Feels very light and twitchy. It鈥檚 nothing like my GSXR at those speeds but I also don鈥檛 expect it to be. I just wish it wasn鈥檛 quite so spooky.

Registered
My MT-10 topped out at 150 indicated... but at almost 4K' of altitude. It'd probably go a few MPH more over a few more miles, and also closer to sea level, but it practically topped out there. Naked bikes are aerodynamic bricks, plus with no wind protection, I honestly don't care to go above 135 MPH anyway. And that's probably the most an 09 would give at this altitude anyway.

Registered
My Speedo said 147 but I do not believe I was going that fast. I鈥檓 sure the Speedo is off at those speeds. 2020 with full yoshimura and tune.
The bike has a spooky shimmy at those speeds and not something I care to do often. Seems like it sets in sometimes in the 120+ range. Maybe it鈥檚 the givi windscreen鈥..not sure why. Feels very light and twitchy. It鈥檚 nothing like my GSXR at those speeds but I also don鈥檛 expect it to be. I just wish it wasn鈥檛 quite so spooky.
Yeah, my (much heavier) 1999 ZRX was as stable as can be at 140+, but my 2015 FZ09 dances a little at 130.

Registered
Yes these things are very light up front ..mine does the same at times ! trick is don't hold on to tight to the bars it only makes it worse !

Registered
I tapped out the demo bike and saw 135mph indicated. To go beyond that I'd have needed to put my chin on the tank and get tucked in. My Fireblade will do that in 3rd gear but the MT is probably twice as fun as the Honda. 馃榾

Registered
I have not tried to see how fast my bike will go because my previous bike (FZ1) was way faster on the top end.

Registered
How did you find it on track? Silverstone probably didn't best suit it I imagine?
Love it on track, although at Pembrey it struggles with the hairpin in terms of the ABS kicking in at times.

Silverstone it was brilliant though i have to say. It's as quick as a 600. Clearly i get killed on the straights by the 1000s though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts